Author Topic: Absolute sound names Best Reproduced sound... Triode Wire Labs... (his room)  (Read 8973 times)

Offline machinehead

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Affordable Web Design & Development
As Petes Room with GR Research.. Under Best Sound (cost no object) ... Here:http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rmaf-2013-digital-products-show-report/

The best reproduced sound I heard was in the GR Research/ DB Audio/ Dodd/ Pi Audio/ Triode Wire Labs room. The new Mockingbird Audio LSX line array speakers ($39,000US) driven by Dodd Audio’s 34-watt EL-84 monoblock amplifiers ($3,100US) provided a pristine listening window for the dB Labs Evolution 192/32 DAC ($2395US) and dB Audio Revolution media server ($1995US). Triode Labs provided the cabling and Pi Audio Uber Buss ($1095US) and Battery Buss ($499) cleaned up the AC power. The results were magical. 

Congrats Pete! To a better man I know knot!
 :D
Its cool ndude.

DaveC

Wow, congrats to GR, Dodd, dB Audio, Triode Wire Labs and PI Audio!  :thumb:

I heard this system and it did most things really well. Also, the setup was great and the bass was under control so you could really hear what the system was capable of. Imaging isn't point source precise and the highs aren't as refined as a RAAL ribbon or beryllium tweeter, but it's good... nice clarity, detail extension without being annoying or fatiguing to listen to.

My only complaint, and it's a big one, is the refusal to play music brought in by show attendees. I really can't say with any degree of certainty how the GR system compares to others without hearing the same music on it. There were plenty of folks with 6-figure systems that were happy to play my test track, and that means a lot to me.

GT Audio Works

Good job guys !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Wow, congrats to GR, Dodd, dB Audio, Triode Wire Labs and PI Audio!  :thumb:

I heard this system and it did most things really well. Also, the setup was great and the bass was under control so you could really hear what the system was capable of. Imaging isn't point source precise and the highs aren't as refined as a RAAL ribbon or beryllium tweeter, but it's good... nice clarity, detail extension without being annoying or fatiguing to listen to.

My only complaint, and it's a big one, is the refusal to play music brought in by show attendees. I really can't say with any degree of certainty how the GR system compares to others without hearing the same music on it. There were plenty of folks with 6-figure systems that were happy to play my test track, and that means a lot to me.

Hey DaveC,
I was looking forward to meeting you! I guess I missed you! If you had given me a CD or flash drive, I would have gladly thrown it in.

Being on a super Mac Mini system with the dB Audio Labs Evolution DAC & Revolution Server, it's a bit tricky & a PITA.
However, we would play whatever you wanted, especially if the room wasn't overly crowded at the time...

We did play quite a few requests...

Cheers,
Pete

PS - A BIG THANKS to EVERYONE for their KIND COMMENTS!
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline sleepyguy24

Good job guys !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

+1  Congrats!  :thumb:

Another Congratulations from me as well. Great job you guys.  :thumb:

Offline dflee

y'all done good, real good. Doesn't it feel great when it just all comes together and then gets recognized on top of that.
I couldn't be happier for you all.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

DaveC

Hi Pete,

I appreciate the offer and would have liked to hear my test track so I could get a good comparison with the other systems I heard. In any case, what I did hear was very good and you guys should be proud of the system. Congrats on the TAS show report, that's a great accomplishment!  :thumb:

Offline KLH007

• Seeking Help
I also thought this room was one of the very best at RMAF, congratulations to all parties involved!

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
  The source fed by a Tranquility DAC and music server was key to the sound heard. The other main contributor was super clean power by Uberbuss, Battery buss and TWL power cords.
   Dannies speakers are always done right. Dodd amps speak for themselves an adding TWL speaker cable a wonderful synergy was had.
    All in all the "system" was put together very well. Lets not forget the effort on room treatment by PIA and Danny. An important part that needs recognition.
    Bummer I missed the show due to health reasons as I would have been involved with the room like last year representing [ TWL, Dodd, PIA ] and offering home demo of these fine products.
    Again congrats on the show. Good is good no matter how ya shake it.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
  The source fed by a Tranquility DAC and music server was key to the sound heard. The other main contributor was super clean power by Uberbuss, Battery buss and TWL power cords.
   Dannies speakers are always done right. Dodd amps speak for themselves an adding TWL speaker cable a wonderful synergy was had.
    All in all the "system" was put together very well. Lets not forget the effort on room treatment by PIA and Danny. An important part that needs recognition.
    Bummer I missed the show due to health reasons as I would have been involved with the room like last year representing [ TWL, Dodd, PIA ] and offering home demo of these fine products.
    Again congrats on the show. Good is good no matter how ya shake it.

charles

It was not a Tranquilty DAC but the global debut of the dB Audio Labs Evolution DAC & Revolution Server. Eric Hider has the details... Server is very cool since it removes ~ 200,000 lines of code that are not needed for audiophile applications... The KISS principle & it works phenomenally!
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
  Thanks for the correction it is anew offering and well worth a listen.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.