Author Topic: NCore Amp  (Read 57230 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: NCore Amp
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2013, 08:41:37 AM »
  Barry I think you need to reread my comments and know the facts.
   I never called the amps a poor product. The GTA speakers  would be driven by Lamp amps if possible. Or the Ming Da intergrated. Never dis I ask to bring any amps.
   This is Lamp day at Shadowlights not not anything else. As far as messing with Putz I gave my opinion as to the amps with GTA speakers.
    Before Capitol Audiofest we were considering using the Merrills in lieu of another. Never got the chance to demo in my home. We were asked to go to Merrills home to hear them with the GTA speakers. We needed to hear them with the associated gear we were using. So the offer rejected. We wanted the best sound we could offer at the show so the interest. Just did not work out. We would have used the Merrills no problem if they suited our system. Just never got the opportunity.
    Personally was interested in hearing them with my Pipedreams as well. Was very interested to compare with my amps and maybe buy them. Even recommended the Merrills to my customer over what I sell to demo with his ribbon speakers.
    After finally hearing them myself in two systems my opinion was as I stated. Sorry if anyone was offended but my opinion still stands until heard in my system.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

ua100k

« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2013, 09:36:54 AM »
   I never called the amps a poor product. The GTA speakers  would be driven by Lamp amps if possible. Or the Ming Da intergrated. Never dis I ask to bring any amps.
   This is Lamp day at Shadowlights not not anything else. As far as messing with Putz I gave my opinion as to the amps with GTA speakers.
    Before Capitol Audiofest we were considering using the Merrills in lieu of another. Never got the chance to demo in my home. We were asked to go to Merrills home to hear them with the GTA speakers. We needed to hear them with the associated gear we were using. So the offer rejected. We wanted the best sound we could offer at the show so the interest. Just did not work out. We would have used the Merrills no problem if they suited our system. Just never got the opportunity.

1. Offer was accepted by Greg of GTA who was here with his speakers and we heard combination  on 5/1/2013.
2. You requested rep'ing my amps at the VPI meeting 3/23/2013.
    Hence my request to come over to my place. Still waiting.
    Your request to rep the amps was independent of CAF and GTA.

Personally was interested in hearing them with my Pipedreams as well. Was very interested to compare with my amps and maybe buy them.

Even recommended the Merrills to my customer over what I sell to demo with his ribbon speakers.

1. The customer/audiophile was referred/recommended by Pete from TWL. Email from Pete with the introduction - 04/01/2013.
2. Per your emails, sent to you yesterday as a refresher, you intervened and differed the meeting with the customer/audiophile and me.
    See Emails from you dated 4/7/2013 to 4/22/2013. Still waiting for you to set that up. For the record, I am more interested in listening to the customers system (Lamm amps). This was stated to the customer/audiophile also.

After finally hearing them myself in two systems my opinion was as I stated. Sorry if anyone was offended but my opinion still stands until heard in my system.

charles     

Ball is in your court. They were heard on David Nemzers Pipedreams, Ross Wagner's Pipedreams.

I would like to put this to rest and out of the forums. Please contact me directly anytime.

Perhaps some mellowing with tequila shots might move the focus back to music and collectively burn the brain cells that contain these  memories.     :D :lol: 8)

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2013, 10:12:38 AM »
I think you really have to try the amps in multiple systems... Those Merrils sounded phenomenal with the Dutch megabuck uber sleek speaker majigs. Im not sure you can make a definitive conclusion

ABSOLUTELY!!! Have we forgot about synergy between components???

Does one size fit all??? I think not... especially with amplifiers...

To discuss this to "ad nauseum" is a waste of time... "ad absurdum"

www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

ua100k

« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2013, 10:27:31 AM »

Agreedum :duh

GT Audio Works

« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2013, 11:23:18 AM »
I think you really have to try the amps in multiple systems... Those Merrils sounded phenomenal with the Dutch megabuck uber sleek speaker majigs. Im not sure you can make a definitive conclusion

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2013, 08:51:58 AM »

1. Offer was accepted by Greg of GTA who was here with his speakers and we heard combination  on 5/1/2013.
2. You requested rep'ing my amps at the VPI meeting 3/23/2013.
    Hence my request to come over to my place. Still waiting.
    Your request to rep the amps was independent of CAF and GTA.

Personally was interested in hearing them with my Pipedreams as well. Was very interested to compare with my amps and maybe buy them.

Even recommended the Merrills to my customer over what I sell to demo with his ribbon speakers.

1. The customer/audiophile was referred/recommended by Pete from TWL. Email from Pete with the introduction - 04/01/2013.
2. Per your emails, sent to you yesterday as a refresher, you intervened and differed the meeting with the customer/audiophile and me.
    See Emails from you dated 4/7/2013 to 4/22/2013. Still waiting for you to set that up. For the record, I am more interested in listening to the customers system (Lamm amps). This was stated to the customer/audiophile also.

charles     

Ball is in your court. They were heard on David Nemzers Pipedreams, Ross Wagner's Pipedreams.

I would like to put this to rest and out of the forums. Please contact me directly anytime.

Perhaps some mellowing with tequila shots might move the focus back to music and collectively burn the brain cells that contain these  memories.     :D :lol: 8)

Yes agreed put this to rest. Just some corrections to your post. I asked TWL to call you since he does business with you. Thought that would expedite the demo.
     Yes I was interested in representing your amps. Thought it would good to rep two versions of class "D" as one size does not fit all.
     There is more to this than meets the eye. Which is not for a public forum. Later.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.