Author Topic: Melody Amps  (Read 12971 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Melody Amps
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 08:41:37 AM »
 Well the AN- 300B with 22W of SET juice per channel made the vintage Dr Loesch modded Tannoys sing. Fitted with Full Music 300Bs and looking like a museum piece it just carried us to Nirvana land. Our Nervosa satified, well for the moment as Melody has other offerings  :drool: to try, oh my !!!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 09:30:22 AM »
I agree - the sound of the Melody 300B on those Tannoy's was really sweet. They were a little too dry sounding on the Angel City MTM's that they were originally paired with, but sounded truly wonderful on those vintage Tannoy's. It's all about synergies.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 11:20:01 AM »
It's all about synergies.

Always is....
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline woofersus

• Certifiable
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »
Thanks for the votes of confidence guys.  I really appreciate it.  I was particularly pleased with the AN300B paired with those Tannoys as well.  The Trinity's are a bit of a different flavor, and I had a number of people say they really liked those best as well, but I have to say after I heard the difference between The $5500 Lector cdp and the $649 Onix CD-10 I kind of wished we had gotten to hear the Trinity's with that front end.  I think they would have been smoothed out a bit and a little more lush sounding.  Next month attendees to Shadowlights gtg will likely get to hear them with the top end Onix XCD-50 in front, which is a really fantastic sounding player.

Of course the main event will be the Melody Pure Black 101 preamp and 70w PM845 monos. ;) 
Tim Evans
East Street Audio
Onix, Melody, & ACA

Offline Hugh

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »
Which Lector CDP was it?
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
Which Lector CDP was it?

The 7TL mk1. The later models with the 24/96 DAC is not the same. Actually looking for a Digicode 2.21 DAC by Lector. But no one appears to be selling one. :(

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 12:27:08 PM »
  Yes Tim the Angel city speakers did have a different character opposed to the Tannoys. I liked both very much. Could live with either. Did you buy the Ayre Cardas Demag disc yet. That did change things a bit eh.

charles

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 12:29:10 PM »
Charles,

I see.

I also have that model, not sure if it's MKIII or MKIV though.

The funny thing I already ordered a Bryston BCD1 when the Lector arrived and I sold the Bryston's without even opened it up. :)

Is the Lector yours?
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 07:39:06 AM »
Charles,

I see.

I also have that model, not sure if it's MKIII or MKIV though.

The funny thing I already ordered a Bryston BCD1 when the Lector arrived and I sold the Bryston's without even opened it up. :)

Is the Lector yours?

Yes it Ti's mine. The Mk1 is a freak. Every now and then something comes along that is special. Then the Manf. has to make it better, most times IMO they make it different not better. Saying that I believe there is no best just different. Better to me corelates to the synergy within my system.
   My only complaint with the Lector is it does not have a polarity invert. A must in my book. That Bryston is no slouch. A different presentation than the Lector but still quite good. I would demo both players side by side providing the potential buyer with different flavors. Some like chocolate some like vanilla.

charles

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 08:32:51 AM »
Me, I like both Chocolate & Vanilla. :D
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio

Offline woofersus

• Certifiable
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 09:17:07 AM »
I mostly just try not to get it all over my shirt.   :rofl:
Tim Evans
East Street Audio
Onix, Melody, & ACA

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »
For the next few months, watch out for several reviews to be published.

Quite a few professional reviewers had come to our room during THE show and asked to review our products.

We're really pleased with the feedbacks we received during and after the show.
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 12:52:52 PM »
   That is NO surprise to me. You got sum goooooood stuff there Ollie !!!!. Success comes to those who deserve it.  :thumb:

charles