Author Topic: Bryston CDP  (Read 4821 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Bryston CDP
« on: March 19, 2011, 08:49:17 AM »
  Last evening at our club meeting we tried a Triode Labs powercord with the Bryston CDP. To our surprise it was match made in Heaven. every parameter of the presentation appeared improved. Now it was a club setting and we all know what that is like.
   Our "Golden Ears" flotilla liked it very much. Further listening will hopefully confirm our liking of this combo.
  If you own a Bryston CDP audition one.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
Re: Bryston CDP
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 10:30:34 AM »
Which cdp, Apollo, Saturn, or..........?

I have the Apollo, really like it, but always open to auditioning worthwhile tweaks.

Gene
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »
Bryston BCD-1

Sounds like a fun meeting.

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:35:53 AM »
Disregard, I read Charles post as a Rega cdp, I'm a donk.  :duh

Still, I'd like to try a new pc with it.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »
I unfortunately am tied up with work this weekend (we are hosting the New York State Boys 16 & under Ice Hockey Championships) and had to miss the meeting. But I have to say that I have similar experience with my digital rig. I am running a Denon 2910 as a transport driving an ART Di/o with the Bolder Cable Mensa mod. Last week I put one of Pete's 10ga cords in the Denon and I have to say that the results were outstanding. Clearly bested the Signal Cable MagicPower Digital Reference that I was using. I think that the Triode Labs cord is worth looking into regardless of what brand CDP you are using.  :thumb:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables