Author Topic: A great Big ugly hug  (Read 6558 times)

Deton Nation

A great Big ugly hug
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:09:47 PM »
For the nice folks whove had my back recently. MAkes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and sometimes I get that feeling running down my leg. Its Incontinence !!! OK No laughing! Ok a small geeegle.
Really thats what friends are for and I appreciate it!

You know who you are!

And a old granny miniskirt freedom-fuzz shoutout to all my AN friends too! You aint so bad either.
Mike

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Re: A great Big ugly hug
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 07:21:28 PM »
Mike,
You are a good guy and got screwed.
Let them spin it anyway they want, we all know the truth.
I live by the words "You reap what you sow"
it would be a great world if more people tried to do this.

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:32 PM »
Hi Mike,

:thumb:

-Mike

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
  Always will have your back Mike. What happened ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 12:43:24 PM »
SPTech Circle   :roll:

I liked your last response Mike. At least the last one I read before switching off.... yet again...

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 04:16:43 PM »
Sorry I dragged this over here - I guess I was looking for some support as I know that many would agree with me.

Convenient that the thread is locked and I may not respond to responses made to me.

I have gotten a minor wrist slappin' for trying to uphold the high ethical standards I have always appreciated on AC.

Maybe I'm too honest of a fellow, too much of a simpleton, but IMHO admitted non-disclosure of one's financial stake in a company whose products they are flaunting is a significant violation of the trust we place in each other.

If Shane owned 90% of JPS and never told us, I would not be OK with that, but apparently many don't feel that way.

And I just made another post over there that I couldn't hold in, and I even got Charles (Rollo) mad at me!!

Sorry, gotta chill, have a great weekend, friends in audio (the few I have left)

-Mike

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »
 It's all a matter of who's doing the spinning there Mike. Now that the Steering Committee has been "allegedly" dissolved (shh, no one knows), I only know of 1 "spinner".  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:26:13 AM by satfrat »
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 02:09:07 PM »
OK, but immediately before we listen to the Pangea, I'm going to sell it to another  raver for $1 so we can say "There's no way your crummy $50 cord is 50 times better than this one"
 :rofl:

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 03:19:19 PM »
Oops, wrong thread - That was supposed be the answer to Satfrats $50 PC throwdown challenge.

Sorry for the confusion

-Mike

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »
Too many Mike's always adds up to confusion. aa Hey, I'll take that POS cord if you pay me $1. I really should be charging you more but I gots a big heart.  :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Deton Nation

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 04:05:23 PM »
Im spinning. You guys are all Great! Im going to have to spin hard to make this one work!

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 06:35:01 AM »
I LOVE you Mike!!!
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Bigfish8

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 07:13:26 AM »
Mike:

As a previous owner of SP Tech Speakers I did not know that Karsten was the owner of the company.  Owner or not it was a shitty business model and regardless of how great a product he makes I will never own another of their products (regardless of the company name). 

I for one and darn tired of Bob showing up over there every 6 months with his "ole poor me explanations."  If you take people's money then deliver the product in a timely fassion or get the hell out of business.  It should be an example to anyone trying to get into the business of making and selling audio gear that it is a tough business. 

Mike, this is a long winded explanation that I agree with you and feel you were right to air your comments.

Ken

Deton Nation

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 07:52:59 AM »
Barry,
thats sick! And I love you secretly! But I only want you for your speakers. And Thanks.
Mike & other Mike. (from the west)
hehe.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 06:40:28 AM »
Sorry I dragged this over here - I guess I was looking for some support as I know that many would agree with me.

Convenient that the thread is locked and I may not respond to responses made to me.

I have gotten a minor wrist slappin' for trying to uphold the high ethical standards I have always appreciated on AC.

Maybe I'm too honest of a fellow, too much of a simpleton, but IMHO admitted nondisclosure of ones financial stake in a company whose products they are flaunting is a significant violation of the trust we place in each other.

If Shane owned 90% of JPS and never told us, I would not be OK with that, but apparently many don't feel that way.

And I just made another post over there that I couldn't hold in, and I even got Charles (Rollo) mad at me!!

Sorry, gotta chill, have a great weekend, friends in audio (the few I have left)

-Mike

Mike NEVER mad. I understand your role at AC, its a tough act. I agree with the no religion rule but IMO wishing a Happy Easter as a bad thing was a bit to much. Looking forward to seeing you al at the Rave meeting. Water under the bridge man, all gone. Peace. :thumb:
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.