Author Topic: Futterman H3AA woohoo  (Read 7918 times)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Futterman H3AA woohoo
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »
Futterman H3AA OTL project

I will need the help of Karl, Vinny, Richidoo and all the tech guys to get this going.
Here is picture of our new kitty with one amp..he likes the way OTL's smell

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:26:19 PM by topround »
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Futterman H3AA woohoo
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 06:51:24 PM »
Some of the BEST amps ever heard.   Stupendous. If you don't like them, let me know. 

Bryn
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 06:34:34 AM »
Futterman H3AA OTL project

I will need the help of Karl, Vinny, Richidoo and all the tech guys to get this going.
Here is picture of our new kitty with one amp..he likes the way OTL's smell

Mike - look at the bottom of the amp when you get a chance... all of the NYAL - Futterman amps I've seen look like a Rat's nest... not pretty at all... I wonder if that's one of the main reasons they were not too reliable... never heard one since all the ones I've seen have been "non-working"....  :nono:
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 06:49:01 AM »
Hey Mike - Cute kitty!  :)
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 07:23:05 AM »
Awwwww, nice kitty....

I heard some big Futtermans (200W?) a couple times, just restored after sitting broken for 20 years. They sounded great, fast and powerful with tubey phat warmth.

The original designer, George Kaye is in NY and still fixes and mods them. http://www.kayeaudiolabs.com/  Make sure they are modded for improved stability if they are not already.

Are yours originals or clones? The chassis doesn't look original.  If Kaye won't take it, this is the guy that did that resto, http://theanalogstore.com.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 07:45:17 AM »
 Mike as good as Vinnie and the boys are. , I would take it Kaye if I was you. They are a tricky design that requires hands on experience. Enjoy !!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:59:33 AM »
Here Kitty Kitty Kitty!

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 01:56:56 PM »
Actually looking inside it is very neat, well pretty neat, alot going on. And I believe they were signed by him somewhere in the amps. The owner told me they were absolutley breathtaking when working.
Another friend named Mike could not believe I had them :thumb:

They are going to be for sale

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »

The original designer, George Kaye is in NY and still fixes and mods them. http://www.kayeaudiolabs.com/  Make sure they are modded for improved stability if they are not already.

Are yours originals or clones? The chassis doesn't look original.  If Kaye won't take it, this is the guy that did that resto, http://theanalogstore.com.

FYI  - George is now located in Brattleboro, VT, he moved out of NY quite a few years ago.

These amps are not NYAL clones. The H3AA was an amp that was hand built bu Julius Futterman himself before NYAL was on the scene and was in fact the basis for the NYAL manufactured Futterman type amps.

Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 10:05:33 PM »

The original designer, George Kaye is in NY and still fixes and mods them. http://www.kayeaudiolabs.com/  Make sure they are modded for improved stability if they are not already.

Are yours originals or clones? The chassis doesn't look original.  If Kaye won't take it, this is the guy that did that resto, http://theanalogstore.com.

FYI  - George is now located in Brattleboro, VT, he moved out of NY quite a few years ago.

These amps are not NYAL clones. The H3AA was an amp that was hand built bu Julius Futterman himself before NYAL was on the scene and was in fact the basis for the NYAL manufactured Futterman type amps.

Hey, that's the home of my local coffee roaster, Mocha Joes. Every summer, I make the 1.5 hour drive for my whole bean order instead of mail order. That and there's the world best outdoor BBQ rib pit just off the Interstate in Putney. My favorite sumertime 2fer trip.  :drool:

I'll have to keep this bit of info in mind if for no other reason than to stop by and say hi.  8)

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 11:28:37 PM »
Kaye Audio, Inc.

74 Cotton Mill Hill A124

Brattleboro, VT 05301

http://www.kayeaudiolabs.com/

Offline richidoo

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 05:46:32 AM »
Thanks for the corrections Tom

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 08:28:20 AM »
Actually looking inside it is very neat, well pretty neat, alot going on. And I believe they were signed by him somewhere in the amps. The owner told me they were absolutley breathtaking when working.
Another friend named Mike could not believe I had them :thumb:

They are going to be for sale

Mike

For sale ??? Why ? If Mikey likes em, besides you can shut down the fireplace they will heat up your room.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.