Author Topic: ICE is still nice  (Read 12148 times)

shep

ICE is still nice
« on: July 29, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »
Having said that, I know of that French amp. It's a classic. They seem to have not been able to do any better since. At the time, French reviewers wet themselver over it. I wish I had the dough. I would snap it up immediately. Someone is going to be a lucky devil.I hope whoever, realizes what a rarity it is. Back on topic. I just got word from Cullen that my little integrated is primped to the gills and ready fr shipment. He's playing it hard as I speak to ensure stability. So soon I will regale you. He took it as far as the size of the case would allow. So I have a one-of-a-kind (including some little tweaks that hadn't been tried on his own line), that's been from the states to France and back again. Well almost. It still has to get here in one piece.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: ICE is still nice
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:44:51 AM »
I do not what's hot in France, which amp you have in which state, or have any idea what you're talking about... Can you elaborate on what you're talking about?  :?:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:59:14 AM by Carlman »
I really enjoy listening to music.

shep

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:54:46 AM »
hometheaterdoc is offering the YBA French integrated here. That's what's hot. I've been banging on about my ICE amp for ages.

shep

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
OOOps. I just realized it's the power amp, not the integrated. Must be the heat...

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:28:21 AM »
I knew about the ICE... just couldn't figure out the rest.. thanks!

shep

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »
It's really hot here and I've been building a stone wall for two weeks. The operative word is addled.

shep

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 05:37:35 AM »
Doesn't look like much for all the fuss!

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 06:35:21 AM »
Doesn't look like much for all the fuss!

Shep is the ICE module supplied  by B&O ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

shep

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 08:05:39 AM »
Where else? But not directly if you mean that. Wyred gets their own. This is the smallest module in the B§O line. 2X75 into 8 ohms.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »
Doesn't really matter what looks like.. it's what it sounds like! 
-C

shep

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 11:29:20 PM »
Amen to that. Well I'm hoping that it sounds as good as their bigger ones. To quote Wyred, " The unit sound VERY good.  I can't power my speakers with them at home, but here in the shop, I'm really impressed...."
Can't ask for more than that. Apparently he has never used or heard this smallest module before since it was deemed too low-powered for the market they were aiming at (my inference). It should be on its way. I should say in passing, and will repeat this, that the service and feed-back has been first rate and I have been impressed, to say the least.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 07:21:37 AM »
Doesn't really matter what looks like.. it's what it sounds like! 
-C

AGREED! Function over looks any day.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 07:26:29 AM »
Where else? But not directly if you mean that. Wyred gets their own. This is the smallest module in the B§O line. 2X75 into 8 ohms.

I guess that was a dumb question, :duh sorry. Not up on the Ice thing. Good luck and enjoy. Checked the site. Pricing is quite fair.
   Are you using a tubed Preamp ?

charles
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 07:32:04 AM by rollo »

shep

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 08:24:42 AM »
This is an integrated. Hence the resistor loaded pot on the right side of the unit. I think their prices are unbelievably fair. I have not heard any but the reviews are glowing. Had I the bucks, this is where I would put them in all likelihood. When I have mine back, I will better judge the ICE/Wyred sound since what I'm getting is basically the lowest powered integrated that they DON'T make, in a different case and with no frills.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 07:27:35 AM »
 Ice is nice. Have been doing my homework and found a sleeper ICE amp from D-sonic. Just amps, Mono and Stereo. No integrated units. Prices are very reasonable, looks like one to check out . D-sonic.com

charles