Author Topic: Sonic Frontiers SFS 80 tube power Amplifier  (Read 15471 times)

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Sonic Frontiers SFS 80 tube power Amplifier
« on: February 10, 2007, 10:05:46 AM »
I just pulled the trigger on a Sonic Frontiers SFS 80 power amplifier on Agon. AudioJerry whom many of you know from AC just posted it yesterday on Agon for a close friend that he works with. it has a brushed stainless steel chassis with a Black faceplate and was rated 8/10 for age but is in a 9/10 condition. this is to be the power amp for my 2nd two channel rig and it is my 1st tube power amplifier ever :D  it sure looks nice in the photos on Agon. AudioJerry told me thay if i havent experienced a tube Amplifier yet this one will intoxicate me  8)  thanks....WCW III
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

miklorsmith

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 10:07:31 AM »
Nice!  Sonic Frontiers has a great reputation.  Welcome to the wonderful world of tube audio!

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 10:38:47 AM »
Quote from: "miklorsmith"
Nice!  Sonic Frontiers has a great reputation.  Welcome to the wonderful world of tube audio!
thanks,well i am not really new to tube audio, i own three tube preamplifiers and like rolling tubes as a part of this hobby....WCW III
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

WEEZ

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 10:43:43 AM »
That is one fine amplifier. You will enjoy it.

Offline Bemopti123

• Seeking Help
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 10:35:20 AM »
I loved my Power 2, but sold it afterwards.  Big, bold presentation is what you will get from SF tubed.  The low end left me wanting a little more control...but later I found out that perhaps I had my speakers a little too close to the back wall, creating the dreaded bass slap.