Author Topic: A New Spectron Stereo Amp on the horizon??  (Read 3101 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
A New Spectron Stereo Amp on the horizon??
« on: February 12, 2009, 06:37:27 PM »
Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society (Bob Levi) announces on their website:

"April: Sunday, April 26, 2-5pm: The Los Angeles & Orange County Audio Society will hold its monthly event at Evolution Audio Video in Agoura Hills hosted by the always wonderful Jay and Leon Frank. Paul McGowan, CEO of PS Audio, will be there to talk about his latest products and all things related to power. In addition, John Ulrick of Spectron Audio will demonstrate his cutting-edge digital switching amplifiers, including a brand-new, 300W/ch stereo amplifier. A raffle is planned, and lunch will be served. Guests and new members are invited.
Evolution Audio Video
www.evolutionhometheater.com
5341 Derry Ave # S
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
(818) 879-1312"

So John....  as Spectron's largest North American dealer (Black Sand Audio), we're counting on you for the inside skinny on this new amp. We know Spectron wouldn't introduce a new product like this without consulting you first. Is it a no compromise, stand alone design like Musician 3, or a cost conscious Musician 3 Lite? Any idea on projected retail price? Release date? C'mon John, throw us a bone...  :D

Black Sand Cable

Re: A New Spectron Stereo Amp on the horizon??
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:03:41 PM »
So John....  as Spectron's largest North American dealer (Black Sand Audio), we're counting on you for the inside skinny on this new amp. We know Spectron wouldn't introduce a new product like this without consulting you first. Is it a no compromise, stand alone design like Musician 3, or a cost conscious Musician 3 Lite? Any idea on projected retail price? Release date? C'mon John, throw us a bone...  :D

I would put it under the Musician III. It's not a "flagship" amp. That title as far as I have been told will stay with the Musician for now. Spectron also has a pre-amp in the works and a few other new products that should be coming down the pipe shortly.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: A New Spectron Stereo Amp on the horizon??
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 07:14:55 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply John. Looking forward to hearing them.  I hope you're doing well!!
Rich