Author Topic: Roger Waters - The Wall Live at Nassau Coliseum  (Read 3015 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Roger Waters - The Wall Live at Nassau Coliseum
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:23:33 PM »
Run do not walk to get tickets to this show.The music was, well, The Wall. What more do you need to say. The SQ was the best that I have ever heard at any show since the Coliseum opened in 1973. They had multiple speaker pods hanging from the rafters that not only distributed the sound around the building so no single set needed to be overdriven, but it also allowed the opportunity to do some surround sound effects. And the theatrics was just first rate. The use of technology and scenery made this more of an event than just a concert. Just a first class show. Worth every penny of the ticket price. AN was very well represented at the show as in addition to myself BobM, Triode Pete and Andy (drews_hifi) were in attendance and Bill (StereoNut) has tickets for tomorrow night.

This tour has really taken on a life of its own. Originally announced as a small tour of about 2 dozen dates in the US, it has now expanded to over 80 dates across North America and the EU (Including 2 shows in Paris - are you listening Shep?)

Here is the link for information on the rest of the tour:

http://tour.rogerwaters.com/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 09:56:58 PM by tmazz »
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Roger Waters - The Wall Live at Nassau Coliseum
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 04:49:56 AM »
Very much the same basic show that was presented in an extremely limited fashion 30 odd years ago, except there was a much larger band and Waters was the only ex-Pink Floyd member present. The music was first rate, but essentially exactly as it is played on the album, with some minor exceptions in solo's and such.

The "show" however is truly amazing. If you've seen the movie and enjoyed it then you need to see this show in a live setting. The main difference from the original show was that they projected video across the wall during the entire show. Very cool graphics. Also, the teacher and wife puppets did not come out again at the end, during the trial sequence, as they did in the original show.

It was a great spectacle and a truly unique concept and performance. Less a "concert" and more of a "show", for sure. But it is mind blowing when you consider that this is a revival of a show that was conceived and presented 30 years ago.

Enjoy,
Bob
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 05:14:42 AM »
I can't wait until tonight's show!   :drool:

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 05:43:07 AM »
I'm not sure which three letters sum things up better... WOW or OMG!!!   :clap:

What an incredible show last night at the Coliseum.  Sound system was excellent (much better than I expected it to be at a venue that size), Roger Waters and his band were great and the props, staging, video and theatrics were unimaginable!  Like Tom & Bob said in their posts; this wasn't just a concert... it was an EVENT to behold!  What was truly amazing was how the visuals and focal points were arranged in a way that they diverted your attention to one specific area of the stage/arena and before anybody knew it there was some sort of equipment, prop, backdrop, change completed somewhere else! All of a sudden you'd realize it and ask yourself "...where the hell did that come from and when did it happen!?" Whoever designed and orchestrated the overall production was a genius! 

If you have the opportunity to see this show, don't think twice... just GO! :thumb:

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

poloman

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 02:09:05 PM »
I was there thanks to HTsetup, Jim.  That show was amazing.  the best show I ever saw I think.  And I saw the first one by the real Pink Floyd.  Of course that was in like 82 and cost 15 bucks.  But the technology changed for the better.  The video portion was amazing.  could not have been better.  Except wish he did an encore.  Some real Waters music.  Would have like to heard the song from the Last Mimzy soundtrack.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 02:47:36 PM »
I'm hoping he will issue a tour DVD at some point. Have already seen CDs of shows from the 2010 Wall tour showing up as bootlegs, but have not heard any so can can't say what the SQ is like.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables