Author Topic: Summer Concerts  (Read 2051 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Summer Concerts
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »
Has anyone noticed a big drop in rock concert ticket prices this summer? For the last few year tickets for most any of the shows in the Jones beach Concert series started at $50-$60  and went up from there. This year while the prices for the prime seats have remained close to what they were the mezzanine seats for almost all the shows have dropped down onto the $20 -$30 range. Jimmy Buffett still gets top dollar, but then again his show sold out in less than two minutes. And Sting tickets are also up there,  but he is traveling with a full symphony orchestra. But for the most part there is a lot of good music to be seen for $25 a seat. And with all of the large screens and video productions done at today's concerts you can still sit in the nosebleed seats and get a good view of what's going on on the stage. And in a lot of cases the sound is even better up top because you are not right up close to the speakers and getting blow away by high spls.

I was just wondering if NY prices were dropping to come closer in line with what was being charged elsewhere or of entry level concert ticket prices were dropping across the country. :-k
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline JBryan

• Seeking Help
Re: Summer Concerts
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 05:36:42 AM »
I haven't noticed any price drops yet. I went to see Adrian Belew last week and tix were $40 - that's $15 more than I shelled out last year and this weekend Taj Mahal was $40 too which is about what it was the last time he came through. Even the small and intimate venues seem to be charging a bit higher admission. I'm going to a Mike Kenealley show this weekend at Orion Studios and tix are $5 more than usual. If anything, Neil Young is more $$$ this tour. I don't see any ticket prices going down but maybe (hopefully) it just hasn't trickled down to my area yet.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Summer Concerts
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:17:10 AM »
Yup, just picked up Santana at Jones Beach for $25 each (up top, of course). Very low historically.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.