Author Topic: RMAF - 2008 --- Who's Planning to Go?  (Read 27181 times)

Bigfish8

RMAF - 2008 --- Who's Planning to Go?
« on: April 10, 2008, 07:21:59 PM »
Tonight I read a post over on AC about RMAF and decided not to procrastinate.  I booked flights and made reservations at the Marriott.  Who else is planning to go this year?

Ken

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: RMAF - 2008 --- Who's Planning to Go?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
I'm planning to go... Depending on my friend Allen.. just 6 months away! ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »
I hope to be there....always a great time with good people and nice equipment...

You should have a great time Ken....and I hope both Carl and Rich will be attending.... :D

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 05:46:20 AM »
I'm faxing in my reservation today. Room reservations are supposed to start May 1, but people are doin it now. I wanna make sure I get a room in Marriott

http://audiofest.net/2008/downloads/reservation_request.pdf

I can't wait to see you and the whole gang Chris.  Sounds like the show will be bigger than ever. It is my "Daddy's time away" so I arrive Thursday and leave Monday, milk it for all it's worth.  :lol:

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 05:54:09 AM »
I'll definitely be there.  Glenn will be along too.  Not sure if the significant other is coming yet or not but either way, I need to get a room reserved.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »
Already booked and looking forward to it as usual
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

mgalusha

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 04:27:02 PM »
I'll be there, 'course I have no good excuse not to as it's only about a 1/2 hour drive.  :lmc:

Bigfish8

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 05:43:44 AM »
Okay guys, I don't mean to be wishing my life away but I am really looking forward to attending my first RMAF.   :D

Ken

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 06:10:48 AM »
I think you'll have a great time, Ken.  I hope to join you... my attendance depends on business this year... so, 'we'll see'...

I do recommend staying through Sunday and leaving Monday if you can... The airport was seriously packed Sunday when I left... and there is a LOT to see.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Bigfish8

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 12:24:17 PM »
I think you'll have a great time, Ken.  I hope to join you... my attendance depends on business this year... so, 'we'll see'...

I do recommend staying through Sunday and leaving Monday if you can... The airport was seriously packed Sunday when I left... and there is a LOT to see.

-C

Carl:

I made reservations to fly out early Friday Morning and return early on Monday.  Vera is going with me so I hope she will be able to take advantage of some shopping because I don't think she will be in to 2+ days of audio equipment.

I am looking forward to meeting many of the guys in person that I have met here on AN or over on AC.

Hope to see lots of you fellas out there!  :)

Ken

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 08:04:50 PM »
Just booked the final leg of for my RMAF journey....Denver to NY.

Last years airfare's were bargains...not so much this year....airline costs are rising.

Stopping again in Dallas for 2 days....then to Denver and RMAF 2008...early Friday morning.

See you all at RMAF.... :D

Who's buying me a ....beer ?  :rofl:

Bigfish8

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »
Okay men, we are getting very close to RMAF.  Now that we are so close who is going?  Vera and I are flying in early Friday Morning and looking forward to meeting everyone!

Ken

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 02:47:33 PM »
Sue and I will be there Wednesday night.  Setup is Thursday (have 2 rooms of our own to do and then helping with 3 other rooms).  Stop by and see me in the ACI/GIK/Korato room.  IIRC, it's 1022 and 1024

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 05:45:57 PM »
Ken, you decided to go afterall? That's great. You will love it. I can't wait to see you there like a kid on Christmas morning.

I will book airline tomorrow. Coming in Thursday. I need a break, looking forward to the trip, the show, the friends, the sleeping in late and the return home.

mgalusha

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 05:57:40 PM »
I'm still going to attend though plans have changed slightly and I'll be helping mike garner from tweekgeek.com in one of his rooms.