The Market > Manufacturer News

Interface for dspNexus 2x8 for phono input

(1/2) > >>

HAL:
The EA dspNexus 2x8 has RIAA phono cartridge support with 40dB of gain with 47K Ohm load and capacitor load for most moving magnet cartridges.

Built an RCA unbalanced to XLR balanced connection box to use with a LINN Sondek LP12 given to me by a friends father.  Has an Audio-Technica cartidge installed.   

After checkout time to box it up for CAF2023.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: HAL on November 01, 2023, 10:53:51 AM ---The EA dspNexus 2x8 has RIAA phono cartridge support with 40dB of gain with 47K Ohm load and capacitor load for most moving magnet cartridges.

Built an RCA unbalanced to XLR balanced connection box to use with a LINN Sondek LP12 given to me by a friends father.  Has an Audio-Technica cartidge installed.   

After checkout time to box it up for CAF2023.

--- End quote ---

Rich,

Interesting regarding the phono as I think of you as a digital guy. I had an LP 12 in the late 80s and have owned a couple of AT cartridges. It should sound great!
Have fun!

HAL:
Nick,
This LP12 is from the late '70s.  I heard it in my friends dad's system back in college. 

He played Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon on it with his DCM Time Windows and system.  The first high end audio system I had heard. 

Eventually built us both his dad and I moving coil head amps that were battery powered for the Dynavector Ruby cartridges we both bought. 

Fun times!

Nick B:

--- Quote from: HAL on November 01, 2023, 07:16:02 PM ---Nick,
This LP12 is from the late '70s.  I heard it in my friends dad's system back in college. 

He played Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon on it with his DCM Time Windows and system.  The first high end audio system I had heard. 

Eventually built us both his dad and I moving coil head amps that were battery powered for the Dynavector Ruby cartridges we both bought. 

Fun times!

--- End quote ---

Rich,

I had no idea the Linn tables went back to the 70s. I bought mine about 1988. It was really a good sounding table. Had it a few years and then got a Basis Ovation that I kept for many years.

P.I.:

--- Quote from: HAL on November 01, 2023, 07:16:02 PM ---Nick,

Fun times!

--- End quote ---
Urban legend spread by my friend Klaus Whitacre that was with DCM when they started and then became John Bau's (Spica) right hand man. 

The company's principles got together one night, smoked a lot of dope and decided to name the company DCM:
Dope Company of Michigan.  Of course we were really stoned that day almost 40 years ago... 😵‍💫

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version