The Market > Manufacturer News

Time for some 8in servo subs to go with the MG10/QR's

(1/7) > >>

HAL:
To go with the MG10/QR DSP Crossover project, worked with folks to develop a modular 8in Servo Sub OB H-Frame 4x8 stack.  These are for the GR-Research 8in servo subs from the latest design.  These will work below the 80Hz cutoff of the planars down to 30Hz. 

These are the flat packs being test fitted before glue-up and then off to be painted.

Getting them ready for CAF2023.

Nick B:
Hi Rich,

Danny is selling 8" servo kits now? Are you going to use the same painter? Your last ones looked very good

Nick

HAL:

--- Quote from: Nick B on September 22, 2023, 09:29:15 PM ---Hi Rich,

Danny is selling 8" servo kits now? Are you going to use the same painter? Your last ones looked very good

Nick

--- End quote ---
Nick,
Danny has 8in servo drivers in stock.  I am planning to take these to my painter and get them finished in Hot Rod Black as before.

Problem is that only the A370PEQ and A370XLR2 servo amps seem to be in stock, not the HX300 or HX400 Class D amps.  Those have been out for a long time.  Not sure if Rythmik has HX480's at this point.  The amp also has to be modified for the different driver.  This is an experiment in alternative ideas.

Danny changed the impedance of this batch so a 4x8 stack should be ~4 Ohms.  An easy load for a Class D amp. 

We shall see what happens.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: HAL on September 23, 2023, 04:57:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: Nick B on September 22, 2023, 09:29:15 PM ---Hi Rich,

Nick

--- End quote ---
Nick,
Danny has 8in servo drivers in stock.  I am planning to take these to my painter and get them finished in Hot Rod Black as before.

Problem is that only the A370PEQ and A370XLR2 servo amps seem to be in stock, not the HX300 or HX400 Class D amps.  Those have been out for a long time.  Not sure if Rythmik has HX480's at this point.  The amp also has to be modified for the different driver.  This is an experiment in alternative ideas.

Danny changed the impedance of this batch so a 4x8 stack should be ~4 Ohms.  An easy load for a Class D amp. 

We shall see what happens.

--- End quote ---

Lots going on there, Rich. Hope it turns out great. I'm putting hours on my Rythmik L12s. I have a long way to go in figuring out how to integrate them properly. My first pair of subs...ever

HAL:
Nick,
If you have Room EQ Wizard on a machine and can make room measurements of just each sub and then each sub and speaker, we might be able to help.

Even the little iMM-6s calibrated mic for like $20 works with a computer with a TRRS style 3.5mm headphone jack with powered mic input.  I use it with a TRRS extender cable and download the calibration data with the mic serial number.

I am working customers through using REW with the dspNexus 2x8 and they are getting very good results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version