The Market > Manufacturer News

EA dspNexus 2x8 customer feedback

(1/2) > >>

HAL:
Report back from a customer I just help setup a dspNexus 2x8 with his Eminent Tech LFT-8b speakers, "This thing is freakin awesome!".  Good enough for me!  🙂

Also, he is not using his ROON Nucleus, just streaming Qobuz with his laptop.  🙂

DRN:
I cannot find prices on these anywhere?
Why, setup a site like this?

HAL:
The website is at Danville Signal Processing Inc's website.

https://danvillesignal.com/dspnexus-dsp-audio-processor

The prices is $3125.00 shipped in the US.  Comes with a license for Audio Weaver 8.C.1.3.B to run the system.

Hollis Audio Labs is on Facebook for contact information.  I am a reseller and I do the application support for customers.

HAL:
For a customer, setup Parametric EQ's on each channel of his dspNexus 2x8 crossover so he can control the 4 different drivers separately.   It is setup as a 3-way crossover and subwoofer per channel.  He has 14 channels of PEQ for both right and left channels running and can modify them as needed in Audio Weaver until he is happy with the results.

He is using REW with his ACO measurement mic to measure the speakers at his position and do both EQ and time delays.

I have been in the room before the latest measurement process and it already sounded excellent with his room treatments.  He has said it has gotten even better. 

The dspNexus 2x8 system is all about being able to customize the speaker and room for best sound quality. 

Room acoustic treatments are still a big advance in sound quality.  I do that as step one before fine tuning with the DSP processing.  Much easier and always sounds better. 

After rebuilding my listening room and no treatments installed, I use it as an echo chamber and it does that well.  Would not be good for a listening environment until the new room acoustic treatments are installed.

Nick B:
Sounds good Rich, except for the echo chamber part.... Are you awaiting materials or you need to make time to do the work or have it installed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version