The Market > Manufacturer News

New GIK QRD Diffuser

(1/1)

bpape:
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of our new diffuser.  Choice of interior colors.  Blonde wood frame is standard.  Other stain colors are optional.  $129 each as opposed to $99 each for our D1's and the new QRD's are almost double the size with the nice wood frame.

http://www.gikacoustics.com/gik_qrd.html

Bryan

richidoo:
Wow, those are sweet! Congrats to you and Glenn   :thumb:

These look like will stack horizontally to cover a wall?

Diffusion down to 350Hz, that's awesome.

bpape:
Well, actually it scatters down to 350Hz.  True diffusion is more traditional for a 7 root diffuser of it's depth - about 500Hz to around 3500Hz.  Scattering down to 350Hz and up to around 7kHz.  Those are the limits where it starts to act like a flat wall or sound starts just passing through it on the bottom end.

You can certainly use them horizontally in mirror imaged pairs if that works better in your situaion.

There is a big brother to it that's not on the site yet that's 12" thick and has the equivalent of a Monster panel behind it to absorb what passes through on the bottom end.

Bryan

richidoo:
Oh yeah.....   Good stuff!

I think these are gonna be really popular

bpape:
I think it's great at the price point for sure.  Even compared to our D1's which are $99 each for a 2x2'.  Both are excellent performers, just for different looks and applications.

Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version