The Market > Manufacturer News

Ayon Audio

(1/2) > >>

Black Sand Cable:
I'm happy to announce that yours truly has been appointed Western Canada's one and only dealer for Ayon Audio.

If your not familiar with Ayon Audio, I encourage you to take a minute and have a look at what they do. Truly amazing stuff. I have a received a few pieces already and the CD2 in particular has floored me!

www.ayonaudio.com

richidoo:
Congrats John!  Looking forward to learning more about the line. So far what I've read is very impressive. Truly high end tube gear from Germany.

Carlman:
Congrats!

BTW.. How much is the CD2?  Looks sort of Raysonic-ish to me.  I wonder if it sounds as good as the 128 or 168?

EDIT: Found this from 6moons:

--- Quote ---I drink your milkshake!
Enough of the love fest, how does the CD-1 compare to its lookalike, my very own Raysonic CD-168? The players use different tube and chip sets so you already know that while they may look the same, they are going to sound different. Returning to the Rimsky-Korsakov, the Raysonic portrayed the CD's large hall acoustics with similar soundstage characteristics. Ditto for its bass treatment though it was a mite cloudier in that respect. The Raysonic's midrange was more closed-in and less expressive however and when required to reproduce complex passages at higher volumes, it could turn strident by comparison to the Ayon. The Raysonic created more of a 5th-row perspective compared to the Ayon's front-row center perspective. Though its tonality was generally of a similar mien, what the Raysonic really lacked compared to the almost twice as expensive Ayon was that machine's sense of pure, unadulterated emotionalism. The Ayon drinks of the Raysonic's basic ingredients yet produces superior results of creamy liquid goodness. The Raysonic benefits from tube rolling and proper cabling (Shindo interconnects work warm wonders) and within its price range, it's unbeatable but the Ayon gives a more powerful, heart-pounding take on the same music.

And so, for its sheer musicality, versatility in recreating all forms of music, fleetness of tonality and colors, profound emotionalism and consistently earth-shaking dynamics and extension, I award the Ayon Audio CD-1 my second-ever Blue Moon Award. For $4,299, the Ayon CD-1 is a superb musical CD machine. Fans of both blood and guts showmanship and gentle audio epiphanies avoid this extraordinary player at their own peril.
--- End quote ---

I would imagine the CD2 is in the same ballpark as the CD1 as to sound quality..
-C

lonewolfny42:
Ayon had a very nice sounding system at RMAF '09....smooth and detailed...nice stuff ! :thumb:

bmr3hc:
Outstanding. A friend of mine in Ohio pretty much thinks this is the best CD player he has heard. Of all the equipment he has owned over the years, he is most impressed and moved by this player. 

Henry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version