Author Topic: After many months of hard work my latest DIY project is complete!!!  (Read 11254 times)

Dougie085

Meet Chloe Rae

miklorsmith

Cutie!  Congratulations man, it's a hell of a ride (interpret as appropriate).   :D

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Congrats  :)! Most of your 'toy' money will be gone for the next 25 yrs  :lol:.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Congratulations Dougie!!  I guess we won't be seeing much of round these parts for a few months!! Enjoy the terror, the first one is the toughest, but also the most precious memories.

The secret to a happy baby? Breast feed on demand, and mom eats lots of vanilla ice cream made with healthy organic cream. Lots of saturated fat!!! Baby needs 50% of calories as fat, the brain is 60% saturated fat by weight. Butter it up, that's what they're screaming for. Believe it. You'll thank me later... Guaranteed happy mom, happy baby. No chocolate for a couple months. Cure stuck tit with alternating hot wet towel then cold wet towel. I wish those assholes told us about this stuff from the beginning.

One other tip: That big blue snot sucker? Save that to clean out your ears every six months with warm water in the bath tub. Best hifi tweek there is, and you get the tool for "free"... well not really free.... but you can't find them even if you wanted to buy it, so hold onto it!
Congrats Dougie and Mom!  Please post some more pics when you come back to down Earth.
Rich

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Congrats Dougie.

Glad all is well.  A child is a gift - enjoy her.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline Bill O'Connell

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • http://www.morningstaraudio.com
What a beautiful baby, Congratulations on your blessing from above. :D
Bill O'Connell,
Retired /Morningstar Audio/Eastern Electric distributor for North America
847-255-1150
"If your playing more than 3 chords your just showing off"  John Lee Hooker

Dougie085

Actually this is our second :) We are actually getting ready to move into a house. We just moved into a bigger apartment and then Diana's grandmother decided to jump on this smaller house that they found and so she was just going to let the bank take back her house. I stepped up and told her we'd be happy to take over payments for the house and keep it. It needs a lot of work but she only owes 46k and its a 5 bedroom house. Beginning of next year though it will move down to a 2 bedroom as the downstairs is really cramped and closed in feeling and I'm going to rip out a bunch of walls and pretty much completely redo the down stairs. But we'll still have 3 bedrooms and an office up stairs :) So yeah we have a 15 month old boy and our new baby girl this is our last as we always wanted 2.

Dougie085

Any baby store will sell that blue bulb :) Around here anyways lol.

rosconey

just saw this congrats on the new noise maker :rofl:

mgalusha

Congrats! Now you have a woofer and a tweeter. :D

Black Sand Cable

Re: After many months of hard work my latest DIY project is complete!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »
Congrats!  :D

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 06:29:51 AM »
Way to go, Dougie! Congrats!  :D
I have no advice other than have fun!
I really enjoy listening to music.

ik632

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 12:45:46 PM »
I am working on a similar DIY project as well (my wife is doing all the working currently). We're due in August. Congrats!

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »
You know they say it is contagious. I'm gonna have to take a sabatical from AN for a while boys. Just can't risk it... 3 is enough!!
 :lol:

Dougie085

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »
3? 2 is enough for me :) No more for us she is scheduled to have her tubes tied :-D