Author Topic: PrimaLuna DiaLogue 7 monoblocks...  (Read 8818 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
PrimaLuna DiaLogue 7 monoblocks...
« on: December 11, 2009, 07:46:19 AM »

... are favorably reviewed in current issue of TAS, #199. I have been watching this one for a long time. Reviews are finally rolling in and I predict this one will be a big hit. I might buy a pair for myself.

It was hard to miss the major payback that TAS ladled on Kevin Deal in exchange for all those cute racy full page ads he has placed over all these years. This review was accompanied by 8 1/2 pages of full color photographs of the new amps, including the front cover, product of the year, technical sidebar, manufacturer's response. The pictures all look similar and pretty boring article graphic layout but attention is certainly focused on this one product in this issue. It is a very nice shape, looks like an industrial designer came up with the classy chic look.

With a set of Shuguang Black Treasure KT88 or KT77 power tubes and some good wires I think these babies will really sing into a 88-90+dB speaker. A couple parts upgrades inside and I think this could be a keeper. On paper they look great, and Deal knows how tubes should sound. Build quality and finish is excellent.

This is also the very first time I have ever seen a distributor of audio gear have his website updated and ready to accept inevitable inquiries about a product as result of a major review. Kudos to Kevin Deal for taking these nice amps seriously.  Makes a potential buyer feel like the seller actually has some interest in selling these things.
Rich

Black Sand Cable

Re: PrimaLuna DiaLogue 7 monoblocks...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 08:58:27 AM »
I'm a dealer so most will expect me to say this but honestly this stuff is pretty darn good for the money.

I'm not a tube expert so I'm somewhat limited in terms of what I can say but to my ears, I really enjoy them and the price when compared to some other tube stuff seems fair.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »
  Must say looking good. Fair priced and a modders delight. Works for me. Good luck with your sales.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Bigfish8

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 01:43:17 PM »
I have been talking with Rich about these and they are definitely on my wish list!  Maybe Rich will buy a pair and I will get to hear them drive his Ushers! :thumb:

Ken

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »
I was thinking the exact same thing about you Ken! But I already have you down for those 6sn7 tubes first. ;) haha

I these amps look very puuuurty.

musicfile

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 12:55:45 PM »
Those sure look the part ..i've heard great things about Prima Luna gear
Let us know if you pull the trigger  8)

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 12:41:49 PM »
I just read on Stereophile's CES blog about the new PrimaLuna Dialogue 3, a remote control, 12AU7 based tube preamp will be demonstrated in THE Show.  aa

http://www.stereophile.com/news/ces_2010_sneak_preview/

Offline richidoo

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 12:59:44 PM »

Offline richidoo

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 02:59:59 PM »
The review from last fall in The Absolute Sound was posted on the web in Dec.

http://www.avguide.com/review/primaluna-dialogue-seven-monoblock-amplifiers-tas-199-0?src=Playback