Music Ward > Live Shows

Summer Concerts Anyone?

<< < (3/4) > >>

tmazz:
Looks like the only concerts any of us are going to see this summer will be live streamed. Tours are being cancelled left and right. And I can't really blame them. Even if we do start to lift some of the lockdown restrictions, in the early phases of the reopen plans we will still be required to maintain the social distancing rules.

Think about this, if we will be required to maintain six foot separations among concert goers this will limit seating to pretty much every three rows and every third seat within those rows.  So 1/3 of the seats in 1/3 of the rows means that 8/9th of the seats would need to be empty. What artists would go out on tour know that the best they could do was sell 11% of the seats in the house.

It sucks to miss out on all of those shows, but I guess it is still better than jump starting the virus and wasting all of the efforts that have been made so far to contain this thing.

malloy:

--- Quote from: tmazz on April 27, 2020, 09:50:02 PM ---Think about this, if we will be required to maintain six foot separations among concert goers this will limit seating to pretty much every three rows and every third seat within those rows.  So 1/3 of the seats in 1/3 of the rows means that 8/9th of the seats would need to be empty. What artists would go out on tour know that the best they could do was sell 11% of the seats in the house.

--- End quote ---

This effectively also rules out any big stadium type shows with no seating such as pop or rock acts where people are bunched up in front of the stage.

But some of the no-name bands I used to listen to can finally  claim they played to a "full house"!

Putz:
3 words

pay
per
view

I hope more artists will cancel their shows so that fans can get refunds since TM/LN is not currently doing refunds for postponed shows.

Finally, to support your favorite artists, buy physical media. Streaming, etc. puts very little money in the artist's pocket. And buy em from your local shop.

tmazz:
That is once the local shops open up again........   :roll:

For right now online buying seems to be our only option.

Triode Pete:
I'm hoping the Fall is OK since I got 4 tickets to George Thorogood & The Destroyers at the small venue, The Paramount, in Huntington, LI on September 24...

Cheers,
Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version