Group Therapy > NC Triangulation

Get Together on Saturday?

(1/5) > >>

hometheaterdoc:
Guys,

Now that the new Belles pieces have had some time to break in, I thought it might be nice to share them with others and get feedback.  I personally really like them, but want to get a wider perspective from others to give back to Dave.

I had also figured that the Usher Mini 2s would be broken in enough now to let others hear them.... but Ken kept them on me ;) So I don't have those.  We can use the Harbeth Monitor 40.1s and I can pull other pairs of speakers into the room as needed.

What's Saturday looking like for folks?  I'd like to do a small get together if there is enough interest.  i know it's last minute and folks have plans coming up for Thanksgiving.  But if there is enough interest, I'm up for it.  I know Carl wants to compare this with his 21A preamp.  So if we want it at his place or if he wants to do that privately, fine as well. 

This would be a laid back affair.  Maybe order a couple pizzas for grub.  Nothing elaborate and not a lot of gear swapping.

I have the new Oppo special edition blu-ray player with the ESS DAC chips as well that is breaking in as I write this.  A chance to hear that as well back to back with audio PC and stock Oppo player.

Let me know your thoughts...

Bigfish8:

--- Quote ---What's Saturday looking like for folks?  I'd like to do a small get together if there is enough interest.  i know it's last minute and folks have plans coming up for Thanksgiving.  But if there is enough interest, I'm up for it.  I know Carl wants to compare this with his 21A preamp.  So if we want it at his place or if he wants to do that privately, fine as well.
--- End quote ---

Dr. Sol is coming over to my house sometime on Saturday to help investigate my hum issue which seems to be related to my preamp.  After a diagnosis is delivered (gulp) I would love the opportunity to hear your new Belles 22A.  If you decide to definitely have a meet please advise of the time?

Shane/Guys, I just could not let the Ushers leave my house. :thumb:  Sorry (not really) that they won't be available for your listening pleasure Saturday Evening.

Thanks,

Ken

richidoo:
I can come on Sat.  Thanks Shane

I want to have a meet at my place soon, but the acoustic treatments are still not installed, so it is not ideal listening.  If you want to do it here I am willing, or else I will host in Dec or Jan.

Carlman:
I'm not sure if we have any plans.. And I like the idea of a the Preamp comparo.. And I was thinking.. maybe we could do a dual-location meet?  Maybe have the first half at your place, I'll bring the 21A.. then listen for a while.. and then come down the street to my place and hear the same comparison on my system.  I was thinking that'd be a fun experiment because (as Shane has experienced) the outcome of these comparisons can vary greatly from his system to mine...

Plus, I really want to hear the 2 pre's in my room. :)

Or we could have the G2G here.. whatever is fine by me.. but I would like to run it by the little woman before commiting.  

Or we could have it at Shane's.. it's all fine to me.. just throwing some ideas out there.

-Carl

hometheaterdoc:
I like the idea of the meet at two places... from time X to time Y at my place and time Y to time Z at Carl's... get to hear the same gear in two different rooms with the only difference between them being speakers and acoustics....  great idea if we can swing it...

If we really limit the amount of gear swapping to just be the two preamps, then I think that is definitely do-able... I've got enough SC3 interconnects and speaker cables fully broken in here that we could set stuff up ahead of time.  That way we only have to carry the Belles amp and two preamps between the houses and spend a couple minutes hooking stuff up again.

Two things:

1) I need to swap in a couple 12AU7 tubes in the 22A to see which are the best. Either that or I put in a pair of RT tubes so both Carl's 21A and the 22A have the same tubes as well for consistency sake.

2) It might behoove us to have me bring over the Ref 150A between now and Saturday just to make sure it's got enough power for your speakers, Carl... if we do my house first and then finish up at yours, I can leave whatever behind over there for you to do your comparison with all your electronics and cables... if the Belles doesn't have the juice to work with your speakers, it won't be as close a comparison... another element added into things... ........or we just say to heck with it and do whatever is easiest..

I'm open to anything...

What's the best time to start all this on Saturday?  4PM? 5PM? 6? etc... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version