Group Therapy > NC Triangulation

Today at 4:30: G2G Amps and Speakers

(1/14) > >>

Carlman:

--- Quote from: hometheaterdoc on September 14, 2009, 11:12:23 AM ---Come to think of it, that's a great idea for a get together as it's just down the street and easy to transport them that short distance...  Carl? :)

--- End quote ---
I'm already planning a speaker comparison between my upgraded C8's and Steve's stock ones.. why not make it about speakers?  I have no issue with that. 

We may need a pre-meeting to get the right amp for the comparison.. or at least try the 402 on the Harbeth's to see if that's a good combo... I'd be willing to help get it all setup and such.  I'd like to hear the Belles amps at some point too, though.  I don't have an exact date on when I'll have my speakers back in and playing.. but should be within 2 weeks.  You're welcome to bring the Harbeth's over and hear them here sometime.. just need to plan it.  Right now I'm using rear channel speakers for fronts and it's a bit wimpy in there.  I miss my speakers. :(

-C

richidoo:
Ooh, ooh... Can I bring mine too?? 

A couple different amps on hand would be nice. Carl can organize the comparison like N. Korean military parade so a few more variables won't dilute the results or the fun. I think Steve's AR 100W tube amp is one of the best tube amps ever made, should make a nice match to Harbeth and the new sensitive side of Piega. Although the stock C8s will protest furiously. But that's the kind of thing we want to hear, no?

What I am most interested to know about the next G2G is what kind of dessert will Vera Askew make for us?  Did everybody have her poundcake?  I also hope that Steve doesn't think that just because he brings 300 pounds of speakers from 100 miles away that he is excused from baking the official "G2G cookies."   [-X

I just love that we are meeting every month now instead of every 3 or 4 or 6 months. I'm gonna have to stick my leg in the door to get on the schedule again.  I know, I know....  not until my acoustics are finished.  :x

Carlman:
OK, so let's figure out what we have in this new thread and plan it.  How many amps and speakers are coming?
Speakers:
Harbeth's -HTDoc
C8 LTD's (upgraded) -Carlman
C8 LTD's (stock) -Stereofool
Timepiece 2.1's -BigFish

Amps:
MC-402 -Carlman
AR 100 -Richidoo/Stereofool
Belles/LSD -HTDoc
Butler 2250's -Stereofool
TacT 2150 (Maui mod'ed) - RichardS

Cables:
I want to do a power cord rematch, on the preamp only. We didn't include the copper Kaplans last time.. and I've gotten some new cables from Black Sand Cable that I think are stellar.  I'd like to do the following:
BSC Statement One (latest version)
Kaplan Copper and Rhodium versions
JPS AC+ and Kaptivator (if HTDoc has available)

Military parade style may be required with that much stuff.  It's 3 meets worth of comparisons... between the amps, speakers, and cables.  With big speakers we will be limited to time and space... but I'll do my best.  This will definitely require a couple of weeks to put together.. Getting the gear here, figuring out what works/doesn't, etc. 

I like the idea that there be no G2G at Rich's until the panels are finished and in place.  :twisted:  He had how many G2G's already?  Payback! hahaha

Let me know what you guys think.  I have no problem having 2 or 3 smaller meets to compare all of the above.

-C

stereofool:
Sure it will be a challenge, but I will happily bring my C8's (huff-puff)  :shock:.

I can bring over the 2250's for more power :twisted:.

richidoo:
I was kidding.     Ushers are just to big to move across the room much less across town.

But I will bring more vegetables, and Steve's amp and whatever else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version