Author Topic: Jose Gonzales / The Knife . . .  (Read 4104 times)

Hantra

Jose Gonzales / The Knife . . .
« on: August 10, 2007, 03:47:28 PM »
All:

I am in love with Pandora.  It sucks b/c I keep having to buy all this new music.  LOL

Anyhow, on my M. Ward channel the other night, there was Jose Gonzales' cover of Heartbeats by The Knife. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_4abCWw-w

I really like this tune.  It's got a really haunting melody.  So I went searching for the original, and I discovered this strange band called The Knife.  Has anyone heard these guys/gals/trannies, or know anything about them?  The stuff I've seen on here is fascinating.  Strange, but good in a way that won't let me stop looking for more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZatCZ1YWQeI

What's their story?  Do you like these tracks?

B

miklorsmith

Re: Jose Gonzales / The Knife . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 04:34:15 PM »
All I know about The Knife is they're a way-out electronica band that won a bunch of alternative music awards for their debut album "Silent Shout".  I have the CD, it's weird and innovative and I like it, but not too often.  I like some electronica quite a bit but this stuff isn't terribly melodic.  It isn't thumping/jackhammer stuff at all, definitely intelligently done by real musicians.  I can't think of a good parallel, my depth of knowledge isn't deep enough.

It is definitely interesting and a lot of folks are anxiously awaiting the second release.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 11:47:57 AM »
Reminds me of a techno version of Hedwig and the Angry Inch. ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

biglou

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 12:09:52 PM »
it does have an infectious quality. have you heard any of the DJ Kicks series?

miklorsmith

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 02:44:22 PM »
I have the Thievery Corporation (killer "band") DJ Kicks.  As with everything of theirs, it's fantastic.

Hantra

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 06:59:43 PM »
it does have an infectious quality. have you heard any of the DJ Kicks series?

I haven't.  The only real electroindustrial stuff I own is Teddybears.  That also is addictive.  The Iggy Pop one really sold me on that, but I like most of that disc.