Author Topic: Quad-Fest!! G2G Rich's May 17th  (Read 34722 times)

Bigfish8

Re: Quad-Fest!! G2G Rich's May 17th
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 04:22:44 PM »
May 17th,  Hummm,  33rd wedding anniversary  8) or hang out with audio buds? :roll:
 If I want to see 34 years I better take a pass. :rofl:

Bill:

Congratulations and I hope you and the wife celebrate a happy anniversary!

Ken

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »
Heck, bring her along!! This time of year in Carolina is just about perfection on Earth.

You know......   There is no traditional gift associated with 33rd wedding anniversary. This means you can give Carolyn a new turntable. She will love it! Let her open it at our meet!! haha

Happy anniversary Bill and Carolyn!!
Rich

Offline Bill O'Connell

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • http://www.morningstaraudio.com
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 06:58:19 PM »
Hi Stereo Nut Boys,
This is Carolyn, sorry I can't let Bill go to N. Carolina, he didn't want to tell you all this but He is doing something musical, We're going to see Jersey Boys. Actually, he was embarrassed to tell you. He really never does plays/musicals unless the musical is a concert which we've been to many in our 33 years of wedded bliss.  :duh
Carolyn
P.S. How far would Huntersville NC be as I have a friend you just moved there from Switzerland. Maybe he can make the next Stereo Nut boy convention. Thank you for putting him up & hopefully the snoring didn't overshadow your speakers.
Bill O'Connell,
Retired /Morningstar Audio/Eastern Electric distributor for North America
847-255-1150
"If your playing more than 3 chords your just showing off"  John Lee Hooker

Offline richidoo

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 07:50:56 PM »
Hi Carolyn, Congratulations you are the first "real live girl" post on AN! You're welcome to come hang out with us anytime. See I told you guys to behave!  :duh

I did have a couple new nail pops to fix in Bill's room after he slept in there, but I still don't believe he snores... naahhhh   My 7yo Henry's snoring drowned him out. haha

I've only lived here for 13 years so have no clue where Huntersville, NC is. But some of these NC lifers will know... Come visit anytime!!

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 08:22:26 PM »
Huntersville is north of Charlotte...just off of I-77.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 05:26:20 AM »
Which is about 2 hours from most of the Stereo Nut Boys  :) - think we need T-shirts - although there is an asylum in Charlotte as well.

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 05:31:15 AM »
Rich et al,
I'm really going to try to make his one. I've been thinking that planars might be my next experiment, and I'd love to hear the Quads.  The Team CBC kickoff party is that day, so I may be late and pre-lubricated.  :D

Offline richidoo

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 06:56:11 AM »
Great Tim, hope to see you!

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 07:54:43 AM »
Rich et al,
I'm really going to try to make his one. I've been thinking that planars might be my next experiment, and I'd love to hear the Quads.  The Team CBC kickoff party is that day, so I may be late and pre-lubricated.  :D

Maybe I can join you and be the DD?  That way I'm SURE you'll make it.. ha.  Cool concept.
I really enjoy listening to music.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 08:56:34 AM »
Maybe he can make the next Stereo Nut boy convention.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Truer words were never spoken!

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 04:27:50 PM »
Maybe I can join you and be the DD?  That way I'm SURE you'll make it.. ha.  Cool concept.
Not sure if you mean for the CBC party, or for the MS150, but each applies equally well

Bigfish8

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »
I am going to miss seeing you guys and hearing all of the great equipment this weekend.  I will certainly be thinking about the fun I am missing and will look forward to reading your reviews.

Have fun!

Ken

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 02:41:11 PM »
Brain cramp ... the CBC ride/party is Sunday and this is Saturday, so I am definitely in.  Rich, if it isn't too much swapping, I would like to bring over my Plinius to see what it can do with these.  No biggie if we don't end up using it.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 06:21:12 PM »
THIS Saturday??? Oh shit!!

No just kidding... I'll be ready.... ( I hope!)

Sorry you can't make it Ken, we'll miss you.

Tim, I would love to hear a Plinius amp. It is direct coupled right?, and Carl's Mac is transformer coupled. I would love to hear the differences on two world class ss amps!!  :drool:

Sol has some new tweeks on his integrated amp, the I-60. BSP AUdio's Korato KTA-100 has had a signal path capacitor upgraded and bias adjusted and sounds really good!!   :drool:

The Quads are fully broken in now  :drool: The Snappers have new tubes almost broken in  :drool: They make a really nice combo with minimax pre out front.   I am putting the finishing touches on a brand new from scratch Feastrex single driver cabinet that is MUCH less resonant than previous attempts. No, it is not wood. I will be playing it and tweaking it tomorrow and Sat morning. We'll see how it sounds for round 3.... [-o<  No room treatment, the Quads don't really need it. Cone speakers may fair less good than last meet.

I'm lookin forward to seeing everyone, and having a great time at the Stereo Nut Boy Quad Festival.
Rich

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 05:07:28 AM »
Cool... Just to add to the dizzying array of geardom... I've asked Brandon to bring his Cary preamp.  I'm very interested in hearing it, especially compared to the Mac and/or Minimax.  Maybe we can get there eariler and do a quickie comparo?  This is mostly a self-serving comparison for me.. ;)

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.