Author Topic: Speakers or insanity?  (Read 4036 times)

shep

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Speakers or insanity?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 07:06:34 AM »
Awesome!!

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 02:07:14 AM »
I see that Pete Riggle of VTAF fame [NOTE: I use his VTAF and am well pleased.] is one of the writers.  Thanks for the URL.
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 07:27:55 AM »
Awesome yes, insane ? Yes insane, then again $60,000 for the completed speaker is way below some of the esoteric designs of say Wilson, Focal and so on. So a bargin eh !

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

miklorsmith

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
My read on it was that the $60k driver set was the inspiration but that their vintage drivers were about $1k and the whole project clocked at about $2,000.  Long article, maybe I read wrong.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 06:48:07 AM »
My read on it was that the $60k driver set was the inspiration but that their vintage drivers were about $1k and the whole project clocked at about $2,000.  Long article, maybe I read wrong.

Nope, I didn't read the entire article for $2000 the Nervosa is a rising. BTW nice to see you back posting again.We missed ya.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 07:17:42 AM »

.........for $2000 the Nervosa is a rising. .....

Yeah, it's easy to blow off a project that requires 60 grand to start, but for 2k........... :-k
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables