Author Topic: anal...ness (not dirty)  (Read 4105 times)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
anal...ness (not dirty)
« on: March 30, 2014, 06:07:27 AM »
just saw this on another site and was amazed at such a waste of bandwidth.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=afjuijvm76dspa79red14e35n3&topic=124844.msg1316268#new

Have we devolved as audiophiles to this level of nonsense?

pretty funny actually
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: anal...ness (not dirty)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 07:57:33 AM »
Wood finish is very important to some Salk owners, they offer exotic custom veneers so it's not surprising to see them freak when it gets borked. It's like a tweeter getting blown. Beautiful wood is similarly rewarding as beautiful tone.  Salk supposedly offers both beauties in one package.

My speakers are raw plywood, as is my DAC, speaker stands, room treatments, etc. So I'm not qualified to comment about beautiful gear.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:27:20 AM by richidoo »

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:02:44 PM »
I've been reading that thread. I've also seen the Salk speakers up close and personal and the workmanship was excellent. They are always an A+ as to the finish.

For me, I want my components to co-exist with the furniture, drapes, artwork etc. I simply enjoy appreciating the aesthetics of the equipment as well as the sound.  It is what I call the HAF.......... :)    It's  the same with my landscaping. I enjoy the beauty of my back yard and water feature whereas my neighbor could care less about any of that. I've always been a believer that my gear can sound and look great and I'm willing to pay a bit extra for that.

Now shipping that across the ocean is going to cost a ton and I sure wouldn't do it. But if he does, well so be it. Also, I may keep the girlfriend...and make her work it off....so to speak. I would probably get rid of the dog. But over the years, I've ended up liking the (ex)girlfriend's dog a lot more than her. And even though she was initially very attractive, I later developed a severe case of coyote arm.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 03:12:06 PM »

Ridiculous, and completely anal!       :roll:

GF should find herself a new BF.        :lol:
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 05:48:41 PM »
I hope the guy didn't make her pay for the new box or did she flood the basement too?
Guy's a complete jerk. The only thing anal about this guy is that's what he uses for a head protector. He's more worried about all the money he Shat for the speakers than anything else. Like I said, Jerk!

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 09:51:16 PM »
Hopefully all is well that ends well.  The guy gets his speakers finished, the girl pays for it, figures that the price was cheap to see what a jerk he is and dumps his ass.

One more thing, I hope the dog pees on his amp as they are headed out the door.
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 07:05:40 AM »
honestly the guy deserves what he got.

I know e-mails and forum posts can't convey the persons tone but when you write this:

" I just shit 4k daily, so no big deal to replace them."

You are a tool.

Granted the GF shouldn't have put a dog crate near speakers but the guy's reaction is just one of a douche bag. He allows her to pay for all the shipping costs. No wonder the guy has been divorced previously.

If he makes so much money than quit your complaining and send them off to be repaired end of story.