Author Topic: ANOTHER SUNDAY MORNING TEASE  (Read 7782 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: ANOTHER SUNDAY MORNING TEASE
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 06:54:02 PM »
(only kidding Barry, I tried an Emil-style joke and it probably fell flat)
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 08:14:40 PM »
(only kidding Barry, I tried an Emil-style joke and it probably fell flat)

No worries Bob, I really did laugh when I read it :D and I really was busy today. Bar Mitzvah celebration from noon until 4, and we got home just in time to get into jeans and jerseys for kick-off.
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 08:32:52 PM »
Thanx Joe and Evan for having me over today and Pete for Fozgoing my VPI. Have table will travel.

I appreciate all the feedback on my Cart. It reinforces my feeling that Cartidge Nervosa has not been reached yet. That being said, when I got home and reinstalled the Table on my wall shelf, dampened the Tonearm and hooked it back up to the Tube Amp and Songtowers it sounded just fine. Maybe it's the synergy between the components. Maybe it's not an optimum idea to set your turntable up on the floor. Maybe it was the Giants winning. Who knows? I did put in a bid on a Dyna cart tonite. One step at a time.

Another lesson I learned was not to show up at an Italian household on a Sunday afternoon concerned that there would not be enuf food to eat. Next time I bring dessert Joe.

Thanx for the CDs Chris.

Evan, the crew at Home Depot says Hello and they want to see pictures.

evan1

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 12:45:25 AM »
Pete came to Fozgo us on Sunday and the good news is that all 3 tables that he Fozgo'd were perfect and didn't need any adjustments. Still a good day and vinyl spun through the night.

Pics in my gallery

http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=114;nw;start=0

evan1

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 03:45:00 AM »
Been up since 2am and I think I got my loading issues corrected and I changed the tubes in the pre. Frank is sounding very good. That lean sound is gone . So come back for a listen, plenty of food left. :duh

lonewolfny42

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 03:58:06 AM »
Joe and Evan...

Four...four hundred or four thousand dreams may decay into indigo dust that covers Aquarius and still the voice will say...... 'love'

Go....be....but forget no one.....weak....strong....all belong

In the friendly opal light of Uranus ...all men can blend yet still be what they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcyl0K0ZTec

evan1

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 04:00:59 AM »
Joe and Evan...

Four...four hundred or four thousand dreams may decay into indigo dust that covers Aquarius and still the voice will say...... 'love'

Go....be....but forget no one.....weak....strong....all belong

In the friendly opal light of Uranus ...all men can blend yet still be what they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcyl0K0ZTec

:thumb:

Deep

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 05:03:57 AM »
Thanks everybody for coming. I had a really fun time.
Thanks for helping tweek the table.
 Once we put Pete's new cables on the phonostage and table bass got much tighter and sound got more musicial.

I'll tell the lady's that you enjoyed the food!

I found a pair of Gold framed glasses, I think they belong to Charles. Let me know.

Joe
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 05:07:49 AM »
Groovy, Chris!!!
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »
Joe your family and hospitality are above reproach. The system sounded really good. Never heard Salks before Sunday. Very very nice. Evan had a lot of fun. System sounded good.
  Your ancillary gear had a wonderfull synergy. Well done Sir. I was very impressed with the modded Marantz CDP. No digital artifact whatsoever.
  Really appreciated the Home cooking. A trip to Italy for the day. Give your Mother-in-law a another big kiss for me. Lets not forge your wife. just a wonderfull day. Thanks.

charles       
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 04:26:45 PM »
  Your ancillary gear had a wonderfull synergy. Well done Sir. I was very impressed with the modded Marantz CDP. No digital artifact whatsoever.

charles       

You listened to Digital yesterday?

TRADITORE!!!!