Author Topic: DTQWT  (Read 3690 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
DTQWT
« on: March 03, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
A big box of speaker parts arrived from Poland today.   :D

Yummy big paper midrange drivers, large soft tweeters and big waveguides. Plus big shiny coils, colorful caps and hanks of wire. The drivers are larger than they appear in the web pictures, I think that's good. Once my camera charges up I'll post some pics.

Weather is still a tad cold and windy for table saw activities, but some planning needed first anyway and nice weather is rapidly coming.

I've been eying this design for a couple years. June '09 I bought the Manley 300B SEPP amps to go with this speaker project, but was delayed on the building of the speaker itself.

Since then, the designer Troel Gravesen has designed several speaker cabinets for these drivers, including 3 different TLs and a couple open baffles. http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/JA8008.htm  I plan to build a few of them if the first one goes well.

Now I'm trying to decide which one I should build first, the DTWQT with a pair of 10" woofers per speaker or DTWQT-12 with a pair of 12" bass drivers per speaker, and corresponding larger internal horn.

DTWQT:

DTWQT-12: