Author Topic: Huge Inventory Liquidation - Running List of remaining stock in first post  (Read 5478 times)

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Moving this list to its own post so folks may understand what it is.

Prices below do NOT include shipping and any fees.  Please contact via PM or email (htdoc11 at yahoo.com) to discuss.

The big running list of stuff I have to sell off is below.  I cleared off all the sold items and am only showing those items left that aren't fully sold yet.  Ill try to update it more consistently moving forward.

Please note that anything listed as Demo items or used items assume it is in "average" to "fair" condition on the grading scale.  In reality, most everything *should* be "as new" or with near perfect physical condition.  But assume "average" to "fair" condition on the Audiogon and US Audio Mart scale just in case.  I tried to look over stuff outside in direct sunlight when the photos were taken of everything, but am not perfect.  I'd rather under promise and over deliver than get into a debate about missing a scratch or a surface rub on the underside of the chassis that you have to angle the piece at just the right angle under a spotlight to see.  If there is something specific that is an issue I will do my best to double check it and point it out before sale. 

Pictures forthcoming... anything you want to see photos, please send a message.  I have them for everything on the list and more...  Thanks!

Quantity   Description   Condition   MSRP   Discount   Sale Price
4   ADL H118 headphones   New, Sealed   $242.00    59%   $99.99
1   ADL H128 headphones - navy   New, Sealed   $398.00    50%   $199.00
1   Alpha Design Labs (ADL) A1 battery powered portable DAC & headphone amplifier - designed for Android   Demo / Used   $479.00    50%   $239.50
1   Alpha Design Labs (ADL) GT40 alpha   New, Sealed   $579.00    50%   $289.50
1   Alpha Design Labs (ADL) GT40 alpha   Demo / Used   $579.00    60%   $231.60
1   Alpha Design Labs (ADL) X1 battery powered portable DAC & headphone amplifier - designed for Apple   Demo / Used   $419.00    50%   $209.50
2   Audeze EL-8 closed back (includes Apple cable while supplies last) - 1 is sale pending, 1 still fully available   New, Sealed   $699.00    55%   $314.55
1   Audeze EL-8 open back (includes Apple cable while supplies last)   New, Sealed   $699.00    55%   $314.55
1   Audeze LCD-XC - Bubinga wood cups / leather   New, Sealed   $1,799.00    45%   $989.45
1   Audeze travel case (new model style)   New, Sealed   $125.00    40%   $75.00
1   Auralic Taurus MKII reference headphone amplifier and fully balanced linestage preamplifier   New, Sealed   $1,899.00    40%   $1,139.40
1   Auralic Taurus MKII reference headphone amplifier and fully balanced linestage preamplifier - I *really* don’t want to sell this one.  Its very neutral and transparent.  So if looking for tube love, this isnt it… but it is a refernce level headphone amplifier that has amazing resolution and detail, amazing capability to resolve soundstage queues for a headphone amplifier... this hangs with wildly more expensive headphone amplifiers than the MSRP, forget my sale prices.     Demo / Used   $1,899.00    50%   $949.50

1   Auralic Vega Digital Audio Processor - DAC and preamplification - reference level piece that punches waaaaaay above its price.  Again, Auralic products lean towards the balanced, neutral, resolution side of things.  But never shrill or harsh or hot on the top end.  If you put that kind of sounding gear around it, it will let that come through.  its just that resolving.  But it wont do that kind of thing on its own.  This DAC hangs with a lot of stuff double and triple its MSRP.  It just plays anything you throw at it and gets out of the way of the music and shows you exactly what the rest of your system sounds like.   Demo / Used   $3,499.00    50%   $1,749.50

1   Bakoon Products International HPA-01 reference battery powered headphone amplifier   Demo / Used   $1,795.00    35%   $1,166.75
1   Bakoon Products International HPA-01 reference battery powered headphone amplifier   New, Sealed   $1,795.00    45%   $987.25
1   Bakoon Products International HPA-01M reference mobile battery powered headphone amplifier   Demo / Used   $1,295.00    45%   $712.25

1   Devialet 120  - until now I haven't put any kind of a note on this at all because the devialet amps shouldn't need any introduction… if your speakers are SAM measured, this should be the easiest purchase you ever make to get something that sounds this amazing, has this much capability to be as simple as a ROON endpoint to stream, to a stand alone beast of a unit to drive your speakers and, if SAM filter applied, play full range 20Hz flat amazement out of your existing speakers and make them sound like you never thought possible...  I've heard this amp and Tannoy, Harbeth, Enigmacoustics Mythology, and many others and it is just the epitome of reference level sound that is fast, PRAT and real sounding    Demo / Used   $6,495.00    60%   $2,598.00

1   Devialet 200 - until now I haven't put any kind of a note on this at all because the devialet amps shouldn't need any introduction… if your speakers are SAM measured, this should be the easiest purchase you ever make to get something that sounds this amazing, has this much capability to be as simple as a ROON endpoint to stream, to a stand alone beast of a unit to drive your speakers and, if SAM filter applied, play full range 20Hz flat amazement out of your existing speakers and make them sound like you never thought possible...  I've heard this amp and Tannoy, Harbeth, Enigmacoustics Mythology, and many others and it is just the epitome of reference level sound that is fast, PRAT and real sounding    Demo / Used   $9,995.00    60%   $3,998.00

Many   Harbeth - Matching stands for Harbeth speakers from Skylan Stands - both new, sealed sets and demo sets available for each of the speakers listed for sale  - only have demo set for the SHL5+ but have new, sealed in the box sets for the C7 and M30.1 as well as the demo stands used to display them here - Preference given to speaker buyers first before selling to anyone else.   New & Demo   299.99+++      
1   Harbeth Compact 7-ES3 - Tiger Ebony   Demo / Used   $4,195.00    45%   $2,307.25
1   Harbeth Super HL-5+ - Rosewood - email for photos of these and the other Harbeth models.  Friend came and unboxed them to get photos for everyone asking about them.   Demo / Used   $6,995.00    45%   $3,847.25
1   Hifiman HM-802 personal digital music player - battery powered iPOD like device with SD memory card - 2 different amplifier boards..  I think they are the 901 model single ended and the balanced red amplifier boards… both included with the unit   Used         $299.00
1   iFi Audio Gemini Dual-Headed USB Audio Cable - 0.7 Meter Length   New, Sealed   $189.00    50%   $94.50
1   iFi Audio Gemini Dual-Headed USB Audio Cable - 0.7 Meter Length   Demo / Used   $189.00    60%   $75.60
1   iFi Audio Gemini Dual-Headed USB Audio Cable - 1.5 Meter Length   New, Sealed   $265.00    50%   $132.50
1   iFi Audio iCAN headphone amplifier - Micro series    New, Sealed   $285.00    50%   $142.50
1   iFi Audio iCAN headphone amplifier - Micro series    Demo / Used   $285.00    60%   $114.00
1   iFi Audio iPower ulitimate replacement power supply - 15V unit   Demo / Used   $49.00    50%   $24.50
1   iFi Audio iPurifier Active USB Audio Purifier   Demo / Used   $99.00    60%   $39.60
1   iFi Audio iPurifier2 Active Asynchronous USB Audio Purifier   New, Sealed   $119.00    50%   $59.50
1   iFi Audio iTube tube preamplifier - Micro Series   Demo / Used   $329.00    60%   $131.60
1   iFi Audio LS/3 speakers  - email me to discuss putting the speakers and Stereo 50 amp unit into a package deal for a further package discount   Demo / Used   $995.00    60%   $398.00
1   iFi Audio LS/3 speakers - email me to discuss putting the speakers and Stereo 50 amp unit into a package deal for a further package discount   New, Sealed   $995.00    50%   $497.50
1   iFi Audio Mercury Dedicated USB Audio Cable - 0.5 Meter Length   Demo / Used   $105.00    60%   $42.00
2   iFi Audio Mercury Dedicated USB Audio Cable - 0.5 Meter Length   New, Sealed   $105.00    50%   $52.50
2   iFi Audio Mercury Dedicated USB Audio Cable - 1.0 Meter Length   New, Sealed   $135.00    50%   $67.50
1   iFi Audio Mercury Dedicated USB Audio Cable - 1.0 Meter Length   Demo / Used   $135.00    60%   $54.00
1   iFi Audio Micro iDAC2 Quad Speed DSD256 / PCM 32bit / 384kHz USB DAC & Headphone Amplifier   Demo / Used   $379.00    60%   $151.60
1   iFi Audio Micro iUSB3.0 audio grade USB Power Supply   New, Sealed   $429.00    50%   $214.50
1   iFi Audio Nano iCAN portable battery powered Headphone Amplifier   New, Sealed   $189.00    50%   $94.50
1   iFi Audio Nano iCAN portable battery powered Headphone Amplifier   Demo / Used   $189.00    60%   $75.60
1   iFi Audio Nano iDSD 32 bit / 384kHz HD USB DAC   Demo / Used   $199.00    60%   $79.60
0   iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50 tube integrated amplifier/DAC/phono/headphone amplifier/all in one  - this is truly an *AMAZING* little unit.  I will sell them separately, but also email me to discuss a package to put this together with the matching ls 3/5   New, Sealed   $1,495.00    45%   $822.25
1   Klutz Design CanCan - gloss black with chrome accent   New, Sealed   $599.00    45%   $329.45
1   Linear Tube Audio - ZOTL 40 reference tube amplifier - this is the first version, not the current high end chassis version.  Uses 12AU7, 12AX7 and EL34 output tubes   Demo / Used   $6,800.00    50%   $3,400.00

1   Lumin M1 streamer/integrated amplifier - you *have* to hear how amazing LEEDH volume algorithm is as processing and attenuating volume but yet still letting more of the origianl data come through… amazing demo - this unit is just killer… getting the streaming capability of Lumin with a great amplifier built in...  Lumin has won me over all over again with testing the LEEDH and seeing what it is capable of...  this should be mandatory purchase with one of the Harbeth models of speakers for sale in package that is just killer combo.  Add your music files with a cheap NAS running Minim server and you have world class sound for a screaming good deal.  I am sorely tempted to pull this back and keep it and some more of the Harbeth speakers and figure out how to convince the better half that we need more stereo setups in the house, not just in my stereo room :)     New, Sealed   $2,995.00    45%   $1,497.50

1   M2Tech Marley Pure Class A Headphone amplifier   Demo / Used   $1,995.00    70%   $598.50
2   M2Tech Van Der Graaf linear power supply  - can power 9V and 15V units with existing switching external power supplies..  This is *very* good at what it does and if you have multiple units that can benefit from this unit, being able to power up to 4 units at the same time will make this an unbeatable value.  this is better sounding than the Sbooster units that I also love and have often demoed for folks   New, Sealed   $995.00    50%   $497.50

1   Sale Pending - M2Tech Young DSD DAC/preamp  - 1 unit is sold, 1 unit still available.  Best hidden gem out there.  LOVE the sound of this.  Can not ever pry my demo unit away from me.  Yummy sounding   New, Sealed   $1,699.00    60%   $679.60

1   Mr. Speakers Ether Closed Back - demo model with dum cable… few minor rub marks in the "carbon" cups if look really close in the right light..  Do not want to sell these, but will let them go to a good home if convinced :) Can be sold with DUM cable or with Wywires RED headphone cable for slight upcharge depending on your preference   Demo / Used   $1,499.00    60%   $599.60
1   Mr. Speakers Ether Open Back - demo model ultra low hours with dum cable… as new can't find any issues on them cosmetically.  Can be sold with DUM cable or with Wywires RED headphone cable for slight upcharge depending on your preference   Demo / Used   $1,499.00    60%   $599.60

1   Sale Pending - PS Audio Sprout integreated amplifier / DAC / Phono all in one unit - original version NO remote volume   Demo / Used   $899.99    67%   $297.00

1   Pure Audio monoblock amplifiers - pure class A reference solid state monoblock amplifiers.  The *only* reason these are for sale is that I also have the stereo amp that I refuse to give up in black chassis.  I like the black color compared to the silver color of these monoblocks.  These monoblocks are sonically better than the stereo amp, but in the grand scheme of finances, if I can only keep one example between the two, I am keeping the more physically compact option in the color I want and sacrificing these monoblocks.  They are truly reference sound in a design that will last for decades given parts choices, circuit design and how they (dont) tax the circuit parts, etc.  This is designed to be a destination product, to use for years and decades to come and get off the merry go round of constant upgrades.  This pair of amps was the actual physical units used in the glowing review on Part Time audiophile in 2015.  Yes, that dates these as to their total age, but as discussed, all this gear has been in their boxes piled to the ceiling in formal dining room and spare room for almost 3 years during my health issues.  It had a few hundred hours of use since arriving from the reviewer for part time audiophile and has been in the boxes  since 2017 right at the time of my first major surgery and life changes.  Unboxed and tested recently and confirmed all glorious as I remembered them to be.  Ready for a new home to take your system to the reference levels but at a stupid crazy low price.     Demo / Used   $15,995.00    70%   $4,798.50

2   REL Longbow Gloss Black wireless receiver/transmitter for the S series and other high end subwoofers   New, Sealed   $299.00    50%   $149.50
1   SALE PENDING - VPI Scout turntable - JMW Memorial tonearm - Ortofon Blue Cartridge - stock motor   Used         $999.99
1   Sbooster 15V linear power supplies - has adapter plugs that make this pretty much universal with any possible input that is on gear out there.  This will take your gear using a switching external power supply to a whole other level.  Should be a mandatory purchase for anyone with an Auralic Aries Mini.  Also a lot of the ADL gear is 15V and loves this unit and makes it world class, and it was pretty amazing on its own...   New, Sealed   $449.00       $199.00

1   Sennheiser HDVD800 dac/amp   New, Sealed   $2,199.95    50%   $1,099.98
1   Sennheiser IE800 reference in ear monitor headphones - these are the regular IE800 not the IE800S models - I *thought* this might be an open box set as one of the circular stickers had lost some of its stickiness while in the box with other headphones…. When I tried to peel the other side and open the box, I found out these are new in the box and I'd never cut them open before...  the second one didn't peel nearly as nicely and opening the box makes it clear these have never ever been opened before until moron me opened them for the first time... so call these brand new in an open box :(   Open Box but new   $799.99    50%   $400.00

2   Sieveking Sound Omega headphone stand - macassar veneer   New, Sealed   $199.00    40%   $119.40
1   Sieveking Sound Omega headphone stand - maple veneer   New, Sealed   $179.00    40%   $107.40
2   Sieveking Sound Omega headphone stand - walnut veneer   New, Sealed   $179.00    40%   $107.40
1   Tannoy Definition DC8 bookshelf speakers - walnut veneer finish (pair not single speaker)   Demo / Used   $3,599.99    50%   $1,800.00
1   Unison research Unico 50 tube hybrid integrated amplifier - silver  - Demo / Used   $4,995.00    65%   $1,748.25
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:12:11 PM by hometheaterdoc »
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Purity Audio Design
Re: Huge Inventory Liquidation - Running List of remaining stock in first post
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 12:40:16 PM »
Wish I was in a position to grab spakers. Would love to have those Harbeth 30.1 or Super HL-5. Good luck with the sale.
Design Engineer
Purity Audio Design www.PurityAudioDesign.com
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 12:39:09 PM »
pm sent

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 07:17:06 AM »
thanks to everyone that has purchased something!  Really really appreciate it... I hope you enjoy the deal and I know I will not necessarily enjoy the extra physical therapy and stuff I can now attend, but overall it will be a really good thing Im certain :)

I am keeping the list updated as folks purchase stuff..  So any questions, please let me know.  I also have photos of almost everything on the list now I think...so if you need to see anything about the demo or open box stuff, please let me know.  I can take photos of the sealed boxes of new stuff, but obviously can't open those items up for picture taking :)

thanks again everyone for your patience.  appreciate you all.. 
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
I bought a pair of the ADL 128 headphones from Shane during this sale. He shipped them right away and it was before the holiday rush slow USPS deliveries to the pace of a snail on Valium, so they got to me in a reasonable amount of time. Shane did an amazing job of packing them . Unfortunately for me, they arrived in the first week of December and as I took them out of the shipping box my wife walked past and upon seeing them said " Oh, good , they would make a nice Christmas present for you." and that was the last I saw if them until the fat guy brought them down the chimney.  :roll:

But I have to tell you, they were well worth the wait. About 5 years ago I bought a pair of the ADL 118 based on some posts made here. Carlman has told me that the 128 were significantly better, but at the time the extra price was just not in my budget so I got the 118s. I really only used the headphones in a pinch when I wanted to listen but something going on in the house made it problematic to have the stereo running. The 118s, along with the Little Dot Mk III tube headphone amp that I picked up did the job and the setup did a good job of fulfilling what I needed them for.

Fast forward five years and I see Shane's ad and figure what the heck, I am going to treat myself to a pair of the 128s. Well boy was I surprised when I first plugged them in . The 118s sounded like good headphones, but the 128s just sound more like music. I put up with the 118s as a next best thing to listening to the stereo when the phones were pretty much my only option. On the other hand the 128s provide me with an enjoyable option for listening regardless of the situation. I pulled a calf muscle a couple of days ago and have spent pretty much all day yesterday and today with my butt in the lazy-boy listening to those headphones and at no time did I feel the need to fire up the speakers to get a real music fix. (Or even get out of the chair to change a CD or LP - gotta love Roon and my iPad.  8) )

And the bonus in all of this is the fact that I listened to music pretty much all day, non-stop, and not once did my wife come into the room and complain that I was playing the music too loud.  :thumb:

I now understand why Carlman thought these were a good buy, even at the full MSRP, but at 50% off I feel like I should go to confession for stealing them.  :D

It looks like Shane has one pair left.  Somebody needs to jump on these. At $199 this is just a killer deal.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 12:06:30 PM by tmazz »
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Online Folsom

Some of these deals are crazy good!

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
I agree some crazy deals indeed. I know I bought some Lumin gear and Sbooster and cables.

Perhaps Shane can list what’s left for an after Christmas sale!

"If music be the food of love, play on."  Shakespeare

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
This was an old thread. Shane hasn’t been active here since March 2021. I know he had health issues and was wondering if anyone knew how he was doing.
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline mresseguie

I emailed Shane a couple months ago, but got no response.

Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
I emailed Shane a couple months ago, but got no response.

Ok, Michael. Thanks
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 05:06:52 PM »
I was hoping he might see this thread and give us an update. Also, I was thinking he might have a few items left over from the last clear out liquidation.

"If music be the food of love, play on."  Shakespeare