Author Topic: the Grover Tour begins.  (Read 54752 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: the Grover Tour begins.
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 05:28:55 AM »
If they do make it t this area (I seem to remember Carl signing up for the tour) I hope to get a chance to hear them!
I can definitely share while they're here, Mike.. :)

And Rich, thanks for the rule clarification/reference.
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 08:27:07 AM »
Grover - do we have an order of handoff yet?
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

grover

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »
Hi Guys, I think we should probably do this by state. Right now the cables are in New York with rollo, they'll be going to evan 1 next. Then acidjazz. It would help me if all those wishing to participate in the tour residing in New York PM me with your address's to make it simple.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »
And Rich, thanks for the rule clarification/reference.

You know while this rule was put into place to insure courteous behavior towards all members, no matter what their economic staus, it also makes great sense just from the point of operating as an audiophile. Anyone who have been around this hobby for any length of time should know that the price of any given component is no guarantee of how well or poorly it will perform in general, never mind in any one specific system (here comes that dreaded synergy factor again.  :roll: ) Prejudging a component simply on its price alone does a great disservice to the individual audiophile himself as well as the large community in general. This is not to say that once a component is auditioned it is not valid to conclude that the price being asked for it is not commensurate with the price being charge, but that is an opinion based on actual listening and specific to the individual making the  conclusion.  As long as you respect that another person may think it is worth it to them, then it is a perfectly valid opinion.

Another quick observation - from what I can ascertain from the discussions here, I don't think there are many AN members who don't keep an eye on and shop in the used equipment market. For those who don't place a high value on having the latest and most current models it is a great way to stretch your audio budget. I for one have been able yo buy some components that would have been way out of my league at full retail price. so in my case if it was not for some "rich" folks making some "silly" purchases (note the humor and sarcasm here, not seriousness), I never would have had the opportunity to own anything near as good as what I have now. Just remember, their "silly" purchase of 2011 could very well become your "bargain" of 2013. Bash them for buying expensive gear, hell no - I'm all for it.  :D
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »
  So far so good. I will write up my impressions after some more break in. With so many new things being in the system it is unfair of me to offer my opinion so far.
  I will pull the Plinius CD 101 CDP and reinstall the Lector. As hard as it will be to remove the BSGT Signal Completion Stage, it is only fair to Grover for me to listen to my system as is was.
  They will go out at the end of this week to Evan.  :thumb:

charles
SMA 
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »
  OK then. Monday being shipped to Evan. If you like detail this cable is for you. The longer pair have about 100 hours on them. The shorter about 50. The 100 hour cable is better focused with excellent spatital characteristics.
  At first a bit bright and strident. As time moved on it lessened. I would put the character on the brighter side of neutral. Not bright in a bad way, just not warm or dark. Slightly bright. Bass response is superb. Great for bi-Amping and using for lower frequencies.
  I could state all the Audiophile terms however it is moot. Why cause it is the synergy within ones system. Overall they do no harm. The top is a bit forward at first and eventually settlesin. I believe they need 200 hours to sound their best. Have yet to try a cable that didn't.
  Quibbles. The Rodium RCas are known for detail and a bright presentation. The fit of the RCAs are very tight. Too tight for my likings. Let me clarify thedegree of brightness. Compared to Tara Decade, Harmonix Golden ratio and MIT the Grover is brighter in presentation. Not fatiguing, lean or dry in any way. One could say the other cables are warmer. All are colored. Not a neutral cable in the bunch. Frankly what is "neutral" ? All cables IMO are tone controls. When one finds that synergy we talk about we hear it. What can sound great in my system may not in yours. No one size fits all.
    Well worth a try, priced fairly, constructed well and best of all GROVER. :thumb:

charles
SMA

Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 12:41:32 PM »
Oops forgot to say thank you to Grover for the tour experience.

charles
SMA

evan1

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 12:52:50 PM »
Oops forgot to say thank you to Grover for the tour experience.

charles
SMA

So.... Ya buyin ?

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
Don't you have these yet Evan? I thought you were next on the list. Looking forward to your (and your neighbor's) impression.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

evan1

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 01:37:24 PM »
Don't you have these yet Evan? I thought you were next on the list. Looking forward to your (and your neighbor's) impression.

Not yet . My neighbor ? Sorry, he has to sign up for the tour. :rofl:

grover

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2011, 10:40:43 AM »
Hi evan1 you haven't received the cables? rollo did you send them monday?

evan1

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
Hi evan1 you haven't received the cables? rollo did you send them monday?

No

evan1

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 12:47:33 PM »
Just got the cables today. I will let you know how they are ...

Eventually  :rofl:

AcidJazz

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »
Just got 'em?  :shock:
Man, I was hoping to pick them up this weekend.  :rofl:

Just kidding Evan.  :lol:

evan1

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 12:23:59 AM »
Just got 'em?  :shock:
Man, I was hoping to pick them up this weekend.  :rofl: