Author Topic: Capital AudioFest 2013  (Read 27199 times)

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: Capital AudioFest 2013
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 07:19:13 AM »
Update...Triode Wire Labs / Swap Meet Audio / GT Audio Works will have a 2nd room at Capital Audiofest this year.

Room 806 will have a smaller less expensive GT audio Works speaker the GTA 1.
Triode Pete will provide the power cables and speaker cables , Charlie Rollo will provide the electronics..yet to be determined.   
See you at CAF rooms 817 & 806
                                                                      Greg

Providing everything settles down here on the "home-front", I will be there!  To be honest, I can't wait.  All I need is a little "cooperation" from my family!

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

GT Audio Works

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 10:12:51 AM »
Update...Triode Wire Labs / Swap Meet Audio / GT Audio Works will have a 2nd room at Capital Audiofest this year.

Room 806 will have a smaller less expensive GT audio Works speaker the GTA 1.
Triode Pete will provide the power cables and speaker cables , Charlie Rollo will provide the electronics..yet to be determined.   
See you at CAF rooms 817 & 806
                                                                      Greg

Providing everything settles down here on the "home-front", I will be there!  To be honest, I can't wait.  All I need is a little "cooperation" from my family!

SN
Hope you make it..just remember when you get there to order your breakfast in advance...(private joke)

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 06:54:05 PM »
Hope you make it..just remember when you get there to order your breakfast in advance...(private joke)

Very funny, Mr. Greg!  Maybe I'll call for room service this year! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 06:13:57 AM »
Pete, Greg, Charles, Campy, George, Bill,

I'm sure you guys are pulling all the last minute parts and packing together for your weekend in DC. Have a great time, just don't bring back any "Hangover" stories.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 07:01:35 AM »

I'm sure you guys are pulling all the last minute parts and packing together for your weekend in DC. Have a great time, just don't bring back any "Hangover" stories.

What goes on in Maryland, stays in Maryland!!!

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »

OK - starting to get "amped up" (pardon the pun) for this. :thumb:

The Santa Fe has new brakes all around & new tires on the front.  Brake fluid has been completely flushed and re-filled.  I just added Darth Vader to the Garmin GPS for this Intergalactic journey to the outer reaches of Maryland to replace that boring drone female voice! (Poor George, I hope he likes Star Wars! :rofl:) Air mattress and pump have been retrieved from the basement closet and my remaining "to Do list" has been prepared. Packing will be started and completed on Thursday night.

Pretty soon we'll be cueing up the music.  "Den, den, den, dent-da-den, dent-da-den!!!

SN

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 08:02:48 PM »

The Santa Fe has new brakes all around & new tires on the front.  Brake fluid has been completely flushed and re-filled.  I just added Darth Vader to the Garmin GPS for this Intergalactic journey to the outer reaches of Maryland to replace that boring drone female voice! (Poor George, I hope he likes Star Wars! :rofl:) Air mattress and pump have been retrieved from the basement closet and my remaining "to Do list" has been prepared. Packing will be started and completed on Thursday night.

Pretty soon we'll be cueing up the music.  "Den, den, den, dent-da-den, dent-da-den!!!

SN

Hey Campy,
Bring your Dodd battery with you, as a back-up, in case Murphy shows up!

Thanks!
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 02:50:06 AM »
I decided to go this year, looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 06:07:06 AM »
YAY   

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 07:15:48 PM »

SN

Thats not an air mattress thats a blow up doll!  :rofl:
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Rob S.

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 08:04:23 PM »
I enjoyed meeting a few of you Friday.  Good show.  I'll be back Saturday.

Rob S.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 07:24:15 PM »
just got back from capitalfest and it was a lot of fun.
Saw the usual suspects.
Very light attendance if you ask me, but still fun and light attendance means  :thumb:easy seating in front row center.

Gt audio room sounded excellent, you guys did a great job.

Best of show for me was Volti speakers. Some of the best speakers i have heard. True horns powered by the amazing Border Patrol amp :drool:, and two subs powered by Marchand amps.

I WANT THOSE SPEAKERS!

Tidal room sounded awful. Boring and totally uninvolving, which suprised me because last time I heard the Tidal room it was great.

I missed a few rooms i am sure, you get so caught up talking to people and socializing you tend to run out of time. Next time I am sleeping over.
11-6 seems like it would be plenty of time but it really isn't, even for a small show.

I am looking forward to RMAF this year.
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2013, 08:17:19 PM »
We just got home, had a nice time. Great to see so many audio friends in one place! 

My fav rooms were the Border Patrol room, the Quad 63/Miyajima room, Legacy, Joseph Pulsar room, Triode/GT/Rollo room.

I was glad to hear that the new Legacy tweeter has improved upon the previous version mid ribbon drastically. They are voiced a little flat for me, but that's not hard to fix, and everything else is great, especially the musical voicing, powerful presence, and extreme dynamic headroom. I loved the Whisper XD, despite lack of bass tuning and some cantankerous room modes. Last year in a better sounding room Whisper had the best bass I have ever heard but the shitty mid ribbon was hard to swallow. With the new ribbon mid it finally all adds up for me. Now where did I put that $20k?

My son and I left the show around noon and drove through sunny, 85 degree beautiful clean and flowery downtown DC, which was a memorable adventure of its own. There were a great many young yuppie couples spending their government paychecks on lattes, skimpy summer dresses, Beemers, Range Rovers, hundreds of new luxury apartment buildings popping up everywhere, it's true that DC is the richest city on Earth, in the deepest debt. Half of all the cars are Prius with Obama stickers. But the zillions of 20something young ladies wearing $1000 sun dresses almost made me forget about reality and join in the fantasy. We were heading to Arlington to visit an audiophile who owns these paper tractrix horns (actual pictured) with TAD 2001 drivers, 45 and 300B tubes, bass and sub horns, DEQX.  Very fun!

Special thanks to Rob S. for dinner.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2013, 08:25:28 PM »
I enjoyed meeting a few of you Friday.  Good show.  I'll be back Saturday.

Rob S.

Same here, Rob! :thumb:

SN

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline StereoNut