Author Topic: Vishay foil-S resistors  (Read 4891 times)

shep

Vishay foil-S resistors
« on: December 12, 2010, 04:43:52 AM »
Anyone else tried these in any project yet (besides me)? Expensive but they seem to contribute to the extreem transparency of my amp, and no, not excessively so or any trace of hardness.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Vishay foil-S resistors
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 07:04:41 AM »
Anyone else tried these in any project yet (besides me)? Expensive but they seem to contribute to the extreem transparency of my amp, and no, not excessively so or any trace of hardness.

Yes in my amp. One must be carefull where these are installed. Transparent they are but they can thin out the sound if too many are used. Depends on caps used as well. Rich sounding caps benifit from them and visa versa. With V-cap Teflons a no go. With Mundorfs silver/gold caps oui,oui.
  Excellent resistors when placed properly.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

shep

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 08:45:04 AM »
seem to go well with BG's. No thinning at all.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »
seem to go well with BG's. No thinning at all.
  Good to know Shep, thanks. ENJOY!! Your mod guy knows his stuff. It appears he did his homework.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 08:29:55 AM »
I agree with Charles. Use them judiciously because they are expensive but extremely neutral. I have a pair in the first stage signal path to my MC step up device (Hagerman Piccolo), but I found I needed something bit "fleshier" as second and last resistor int he signal path, so I went with Riken's there. But you have to be careful to use Riken's judiciously too or things can get muddy. This pairing gave me what I wanted overall.

I've also used the also expensive Caddock TF's and in general liked them better than the Vishay's.

Bob
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.