Author Topic: Favorite Tweeter Type  (Read 3070 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Favorite Tweeter Type
« on: November 10, 2015, 10:31:23 AM »
   Ribbons were always at the top of the list Raven, Maggie, GTA. Heil Air Motion done right is IMO the most natural tweeter one can use.
   After hearing a prototype of Heil and magnetic planar panels was  revelation.
    Why do we not see more of this design ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Re: Favorite Tweeter Type
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 06:52:20 PM »
ohh yeah. the AMT is y favorite as well. :shock:
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 06:55:54 PM »
I used to like the good silk domes. Never thought the metal ones sounded right. Small ribbons were good but never really blended with the rest of the speaker. They were too fast for the other drivers.

Now it's big ribbons all around for me.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »
Im told the Transducer Labs metal domes have the benefits of the metal dome with none of the drawbacks. silky and detailed at the same time with no harshness.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 07:54:43 PM »
   Ribbons were always at the top of the list Raven, Maggie, GTA. Heil Air Motion done right is IMO the most natural tweeter one can use.

charles

I was told by a speaker designer that the Heil AMT is difficult to get right because of power handling limitations.
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 06:41:04 AM »

charles

I was told by a speaker designer that the Heil AMT is difficult to get right because of power handling limitations.

Correctamundo. This AMT was designed to handle that issue. We were playing it quite loud until we came to our senses. Dam audiophiles :duh.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.