Author Topic: I知 about to open the Border  (Read 11562 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: I知 about to open the Border
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 04:36:12 AM »
For a home office, one that uses the computer as a source for a desktop system, I strongly suggest looking at these little gems.

https://hifimediy.com/DACs

Much cheaper than a Dragonfly and the same chips. I use one on my PC system, and another to decode songs stored on my Android phone. No, it's not as good as a stand alone DAC but it is perfect for a desktop.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline mresseguie

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 03:56:07 PM »

[/quote]
you really need to listen to fip radio france on a decent internet tuna that has digital outs so you can use a dac.  it is truly a phenomenal radio station with the most incredible playlist ever.  or, listen on line, if your computer set-up is decent.

https://www.fip.fr/player

doug s.
[/quote]

Doug,

This radio station is unbelievably good. I've been listening for an hour-plus and only a few of the songs were familiar. What's great is I'll hear a great song. Then, I'll bring it up on Tidal and save it to my new playlist called "FIP". Not every song gets added - just the ones I want to hear again. I can also save the album to listen to later.

Great find!

Michael
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2018, 11:41:43 AM »
Last Sunday as I was fine tuning my plans to soon buy an amp and subwoofer, Emil had the nerve to offer
his Border Patrol SE dac for sale....and for a pretty good price. The problem with that is it wasn稚 on my horizon to buy  a dac now!!  But...I知 pretty sure Pete has one and that he and Dave both run Mac minis prepped by Eric Hider for their dacs. As I recall, Gary also has an nos Audio Note. I致e heard it and it sounds quite good.
So I bit the bullet and it値l be here from NY this coming Monday. I have wanted to try this dac for well over a year.  This BP dac is coax out only, but that works with my current setup. All the Border Patrol stuff gets raves. So we値l soon see if Im in the nos camp or not.
You are going to be amazed at what 44.1 REALLY sounds like!

GOT that right Dave. Up sample this.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2018, 07:45:31 PM »
Last Sunday as I was fine tuning my plans to soon buy an amp and subwoofer, Emil had the nerve to offer
his Border Patrol SE dac for sale....and for a pretty good price. The problem with that is it wasn稚 on my horizon to buy  a dac now!!  But...I知 pretty sure Pete has one and that he and Dave both run Mac minis prepped by Eric Hider for their dacs. As I recall, Gary also has an nos Audio Note. I致e heard it and it sounds quite good.
So I bit the bullet and it値l be here from NY this coming Monday. I have wanted to try this dac for well over a year.  This BP dac is coax out only, but that works with my current setup. All the Border Patrol stuff gets raves. So we値l soon see if Im in the nos camp or not.
You are going to be amazed at what 44.1 REALLY sounds like!

GOT that right Dave. Up sample this.

charles

A very fine dac. One where I no longer focus on what details are presented, just the music itself. Yes, Dave was right  :thumb:
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2018, 11:54:25 AM »
  Now hook that DAC up to an Innuos Zenith mk3 server and you will need diapers.  :rofl: :rofl:

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2018, 12:21:31 PM »
  Now hook that DAC up to an Innuos Zenith mk3 server and you will need diapers.  :rofl: :rofl:

charles

No doubt, I知 sure! But I just opened up my wallet and there were moths flying out ... :rofl: :rofl:
Hope sales are good 😀
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2018, 09:41:31 AM »

charles

No doubt, I知 sure! But I just opened up my wallet and there were moths flying out ... :rofl: :rofl:
Hope sales are good 😀

Innuos company IS OLD OUT. Awaiting new shipment in Nov.

charles

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2018, 09:47:03 AM »

charles

Hope sales are good 😀

Innuos company IS OLD OUT. Awaiting new shipment in Nov.

charles

Good to hear, Charles. I would love to hear what difference a product like this could make. I知 still plugging along with my Auralic Mini
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS