Systemic Development > Optometry Equipment

Power Cords and TV

(1/3) > >>

rollo:
   If you have extra audio grade PC around put them on your TV, cable box, Blue Ray, etc. While we were testing new power cords my TWL HC were sitting there resting.
  On a lark installed all into components mentioned and to my surprise the picture improved dramatically. Blacker blacks, deeper color, better focused picture.
  Already had Ubers installed and Digibuss. HUGE boys huge.

charles

sleepyguy24:
I have changed power cords on my older Samsung LCD TV from 2006. Newer TVs from Sony and LG I've seen don't have the 3 prong IEC connectors. They the smaller ones. What I did was I changed the outlets the TVs are plugged into and I also had some small isolation transformers in between the TV and the upgraded outlet.

P.I.:
The IEC C7 plug is a problem for many people.  First of all it in not polarized.  That leaves the TV or whatever wondering what they will be fed power from in the context of power polarity. 

For sport: if you have an IEC C7 plug feeding your TV, first turn it over to change the incoming phase relationships with the TV PS.  One way will ALWAYS look better.

Pete (TWL) and I bothe build IEC C7 power cables.  Give one a try.  It will change your video experience for the better.  Just get the polarity correct.

Just sayin'.........................

satfrat:

--- Quote from: rollo on August 27, 2018, 08:22:13 AM ---   If you have extra audio grade PC around put them on your TV, cable box, Blue Ray, etc. While we were testing new power cords my TWL HC were sitting there resting.
  On a lark installed all into components mentioned and to my surprise the picture improved dramatically. Blacker blacks, deeper color, better focused picture.
  Already had Ubers installed and Digibuss. HUGE boys huge.

charles

--- End quote ---
IF you have your display device professionally calibrated, any picture upgrade tweeks you do are meaningless. Regardless whether the calibration is done before or after the tweeks are added, the calibrated picture will be exactly the same even tho the calibration settings themselves might change slightly.

So if you want to spend your money wisely, spend it on a professional calibration done by a qualified ISF technician.

Cheers,
Robin

tmazz:
Hmmmm......  measured accuracy vs subjectively pleasant, where have I heard that argument before????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version