Author Topic: Apogee Bliss  (Read 4914 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Apogee Bliss
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:20:37 AM »
  If you own Apogees than by all means check out Symo Cabling. It is highly recommended for Apogees. Especially bi wired.
   Apogees are known to be cable sensitive. Usually makes or breaks them according to the Apogee Gurus.
   Other contenders are , Straight Wire and Kimber.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
Re: Apogee Bliss
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:23:05 AM »
  Spectral amps are the Apogees meow. Wonderful synergy with Apogee. With the warm character of the Apogees the cool dead neutral Spectral Amps are glorious. Actually the designers choice when demonstrating.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:27:51 PM »

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 06:23:43 AM »
  If you own Apogees than by all means check out Symo Cabling. It is highly recommended for Apogees. Especially bi wired.
   Apogees are known to be cable sensitive. Usually makes or breaks them according to the Apogee Gurus.
   Other contenders are , Straight Wire and Kimber.

charles

By all means a very sensitive and revealing speaker. Yes, everything makes a difference. A real PIA to set up too (1/4" changes make a huge difference) but once you've got it, you've got it.

Everyone should hear a restored Apogee, if for no other reason than to see what was truly possible 20-25 years ago and how the passing of time hasn't truly improved things a lot, as far as planer/ribbon speaker design is concerned.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 07:32:08 AM »
  Yes the Krell KSA series were VG amps. A tad on the warm side of neutral. They sounded great with my old Mirage M1si speakers.
    Apogees seem to sound there best with a cool or neutral amp. The advancement of magnets and use of metalized mylar have come a long way.

charles

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:54:02 AM »
i know just the man to restore the krell, his name is steve and he built krells for a living back in the day when he worked for krell, "the service dept", he is in ct.
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 11:18:43 AM »
i know just the man to restore the krell, his name is steve and he built krells for a living back in the day when he worked for krell, "the service dept", he is in ct.

I believe he fixed my Lector CDP , laser you know.  Good guy.

charles

lonewolfny42

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 09:29:42 PM »

Got it...

http://www.theservicedepartmentct.com/

Thanks Mike... :thumb: