Systemic Development > Psycho-Acoustics

Which room for audio system?

<< < (2/2)

mdconnelly:
Richard,

I was a bit in your situation.  I think my best sound was when I had my speakers in the living room on the long wall (24') straddling a fireplace.  That was with my Von Schweikert VR-35s which are designed to go against the wall so it was an elegant fit.   But previously I had Aerial 10Ts speakers in this same room that had to be pulled out from the wall and intrude well into the room.  That was always a balancing act between sound quality and room intrusion (and thus spousal acceptance ;-)

I've since moved to a smaller room with same speakers on a 12' wall.  It has been more of a challenge to get an optimal sound.  On the other hand, this smaller room is perfect for letting me isolate my listening without risk of intruding on family members and that's a big win.

Long story short - if you can only have one room, I think the room you will have most control over will be your best bet.   

Nick B:
Like a "civil battle", I think it's best to gain control in your own space if you can. We were just looking at another home and I was willing to make it a shared 2 channel and TV room in the living room,  but that wouldn't work for my wife. As she is a very special wife and the only one I've ever had, I graciously relented

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version