Author Topic: New Grover ICs??  (Read 52591 times)

Black Sand Cable

Re: New Grover ICs??
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2008, 05:57:04 PM »
So Grover has gone into the power cord market now.

Interesting.....and at the same time, somewhat disappointing.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2008, 06:36:03 PM »
Cords is cords, right?  If you can make a good IC why not make a good PC out of the same stuff?    :rofl:
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2008, 07:14:38 PM »
So Grover has gone into the power cord market now.

Interesting.....and at the same time, somewhat disappointing.

What might be registering as disappointment?
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2008, 08:34:49 PM »
What might be registering as disappointment?

It's not worth discussing.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 08:36:49 PM by Black Sand Cable »

shep

« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2008, 03:02:44 AM »
700 hours! OH NO :shock: :shock: :shock:
spare me please.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2008, 08:00:18 AM »
Welcome to AN Human Media! You're already bringing an eye opening perspective. Keep it coming!
Rich

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2008, 08:38:28 AM »
  well, finally heard a black sand Powercord. The Violet. Well done. it was put up against a new cable costing $1500. The BS cord sounded better overall. Now a believer. Good cable good value.
      Speaking of carbon shielding its expensive, tough to work with however very very affective. My guess would be the shield is floated at one end [ source ]. An option of floating the entire shield with drain wire to earth ground might work well. It does for me.

rollo 
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2008, 03:58:22 PM »
I have a pair of S2 Grovers with XLRs (or is it SB? - anyway the second S release) and my experience was that they took about 700 hours to break in.  Sure the majority of change took place before 350 hours, but there were a few little spots in the frequency range which sounded distorted, yes like real breakthrough distortion.  These spots slowly evaporated through to 700 hours leaving a clean sounding cable which I like very much.  But for me, it did take this long to be fully broken-in.

All this talk of the SC has me interested in upgrading and Im very interested in more opinions of how the SC compare to the previous S2/B (but not the initial S). Especially those who have broken in the SC for 700 hours or more. Ive read the thread so far but would love to hear more impressions an comparisons with the S2/B.

Carl?

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2008, 04:33:04 PM »
Funny enough, I JUST got a new pair of the 'SC' version IC's in the mail.  Let me first say that 'SC' is the most annoying nomenclature for an 'IC' I've ever seen.  Every time I see it/read about it, I'm thinking 'speaker cable'...  :lol:

So far, that's my only complaint.  700 hours is 'only' a full month of continuous use and hopefully I'll get to evaluate the S vs. SC prior to that.  I have the white/white version and the graphites as well.  When the basement is finished, I can somewhat scientifically compare these.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
Current prices for Grover's SC IC and power cables
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »
Current prices for Grover's SC IC and power cables he posted at the Steve Hoffman Forum site:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=47670&page=35

01-22-2008, 06:12 PM    #698 
grover
Cable Maestro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, the power cords are new. They use my patented design http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/7304246 and have my unique Carbon Nickel shield. They perform on the level of my IC's, very open and clear. Here's a revised list of prices. Mention Steve's forum and a 15% discount is automatically applied.

Grover SC cables

Length.................RCA.........XLR.… ..Digital RCA
.5m....................$180........$200. .......$75
1m.....................$200........$230. .......$90
1.5m..................$220........$260.. ......$105
2m.....................$240........$290. .......$120
2.5m..................$260........$320.. ......$135
3m.....................$280........$350. .......$150

Power cords with standard connectors
3ft………………$250
6ft………………$300
9ft………………$350
Other connectors available for extra cost.

You'll notice the prices are higher than a few years ago, this is because the old cables were not shielded and the new cables have my hand made carbon nickel shield. This is a labor intensive process, but the performance of this shield is amazing.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2008, 06:18:00 AM »
Thanks rlmacklin, that is very helpful! Full list price for 1M RCA was $150 during the last GB days.

HumanMedia

« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2008, 05:01:53 AM »
Carl?

Yep the same.

...now waiting for the Grover SC upgrade (and my new Violet ;-) to arrive...

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2008, 07:36:36 PM »
Thanks rlmacklin, that is very helpful! Full list price for 1M RCA was $150 during the last GB days.
Yes, the above affirms what a positive asset an AN group buy may be for interested parties.
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis