Music Ward > Album Reviews

What are you listening to right now?

<< < (2/3399) > >>

AliG:

Tdangelo:
Is Dreamgirls pretty good?  I just got it yesterday.  I loved Jennifier Hudson on American Idle - I love that show ;)

AliG:

--- Quote from: "Tdangelo" ---Is Dreamgirls pretty good?  I just got it yesterday.  I loved Jennifier Hudson on American Idle - I love that show ;)
--- End quote ---

Oh man.. this Jennifer Hudson is really something...the movies is off the roof..almost everyone in the audience cried when Jennifer sang "And I am Telling You", and the all stood up and gave standing ovation when the scene ended. It's an extroadinary performance..

That movies is supposed to win an oscar for Beyonce.. but unfortunately, Jennifer just made Beyonce look so "deficient"..

Here's Jennifer at her best, the real singing start after 4 mins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR1546t75VU

And here's Beyonce so-called "best performance"..yuck..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SktVgnzhSAo

launche:
I agree this was Jennifer's party but Beyonce was fine.  Her character did not have nearly the depth etc... of Hudson's character.  Hudson has a better voice but Beyonce is a better all around talent.  They needed to market the movie thus the Beyonce hype and when people saw Hudson, you were so taken aback because it was unexpected.

As I posted before, I haven't seen a better performance in the last 12 months, ranks as one of my most memorable and she deserves every award she's nominated for.  She was born to play that role and it came very naturally to her.  Good movie, good time at the theater, my audience also clapped and cheered. It was not a passive experience.
Now I gotta pick up that soundtrack.

Eddie was also very good.

AliG:

--- Quote from: "launche" --- but Beyonce is a better all around talent.

--- End quote ---

If you define "All around talent" = pretty face + bodilicious appeal

Then I don't disagree with you  :mrgreen:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version