The Market > Manufacturer News

SAS Audio Labs "V" ICs special

<< < (2/2)

Black Sand Cable:
Thanks for the info and the fast response!  :) I must admit that I like the fact that you pay attention to the terminations you are using and have chosen IMO very good terminations to run with.

I'm also a well documented fan of Grover's ic's and your comment that yours and his are close made me curious.

LKdog:
Steve-

Thanks for the reply. We met last year when I had you look at my modded Musical Fidelity A300 integrated amp about possibly adding another set of preouts.
I ended up selling that unit and use Odyssey Mono Extremes monoblocks now and an Audio Mirror PP1 preamp.
I was going to get your SAS 10A preamp, but I wimped out because I need a remote right now. :)

Anyway- I had not previously had any issues using unshielded IC's, but recently after moving some power cords and cables around I started getting a very very slight hum in the left channel. I swapped out the left IC for a shielded IC that I had laying around and the hum was gone.
I am guessing I simply need to be careful about how I position the IC's around the power cables behind my rack.

Out of curiousity-do you rewire phono cables on Turntables that presently have captured phone cables?
I have a modded Technics 1200 which sounds great, but I do get some RFI/EMI inteference from the cheap stock IC's which are attached to the unit. The cables are worn and the connectors are worn also. If I move them around a bit the hum goes away. I may even have a weak connection on one of the cables.

Maybe I will try a pair of your IC's also.

I do have some of Grover's IC's coming from the Group Buy to try out.
I am presently using RS Audio unshielded silver cables.

--Tony

steve:

--- Quote from: LKdog on July 23, 2007, 01:01:39 PM ---Steve-

Thanks for the reply. We met last year when I had you look at my modded Musical Fidelity A300 integrated amp about possibly adding another set of preouts.
I ended up selling that unit and use Odyssey Mono Extremes monoblocks now and an Audio Mirror PP1 preamp.
I was going to get your SAS 10A preamp, but I wimped out because I need a remote right now. :)

Anyway- I had not previously had any issues using unshielded IC's, but recently after moving some power cords and cables around I started getting a very very slight hum in the left channel. I swapped out the left IC for a shielded IC that I had laying around and the hum was gone.
I am guessing I simply need to be careful about how I position the IC's around the power cables behind my rack.

Out of curiousity-do you rewire phono cables on Turntables that presently have captured phone cables?
I have a modded Technics 1200 which sounds great, but I do get some RFI/EMI inteference from the cheap stock IC's which are attached to the unit. The cables are worn and the connectors are worn also. If I move them around a bit the hum goes away. I may even have a weak connection on one of the cables.

Maybe I will try a pair of your IC's also.

I do have some of Grover's IC's coming from the Group Buy to try out.
I am presently using RS Audio unshielded silver cables.

--Tony

--- End quote ---

Hi Tony,

Yes, I remember. And I am glad you solved the hum problem. Sometimes just a little thing can make a difference.

I think you will be very pleased with the Grovers. I support companies that produce superior products.

I don't do any other work except designing and manufacturing, Tony, so I won't be able to help. However, an old friend I haven't seen in years may do it. I will PM you with the details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version