Author Topic: Sooo been away a while and some stuff has changed....  (Read 40746 times)

Dougie085

Re: Sooo been away a while and some stuff has changed....
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 11:47:32 AM »
Yeah he said he plans to have the crossovers for the mains and center done by the 1st. So I should have crossover parts as well as parts for the center before too long. I can't wait starting to get anxious :D

Dougie085

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2008, 08:25:52 PM »

Dougie085

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »
I did some sanding to get everything to fit together properly and then some dry fitting and what not. Hopefully this weekend I'll get both cabinets assembled and next week I'll start working on veneer.

Dougie085

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
I did another dry fit to see the size and what not next to my TV. They are quite big, I took a couple pictures.

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 07:58:45 PM »
That's quite a project you have...going  :shock:! Good luck with a smooth assembly and veneering  :).
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Dougie085

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »
Yeah I'm more worried about veneering then the actual assembly lol.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 04:13:04 AM »
They don't look out of scale though sitting next to that TV.

Should be sweet when you get them done.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2008, 05:47:39 AM »
"My Pretty Pony" will sound AWESOME with those!  :rofl:
Looking good, Dougie!
I really enjoy listening to music.

Dougie085

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2008, 06:21:32 AM »
Man everyone has commented on that lol. My son was watching cartoon network and it was some commercial that came on. I should have wait until something else was on the screen I suppose.

The matching center channel is almost as wide as these are tall and then they are like 9" tall I believe so a little taller then the towers are wide. So its going to be interesting looking lol. I think they would look quite a bit better with a projection screen but I'm going to be waiting a while for that as I may be purchasing a house and its a fixer so I'll be pretty busy for a while. Also I want to wait for the new Panny PT-AE3000 to come out :) 60,000:1 native CR sounds freaking awesome.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2008, 08:00:34 PM »
I want to wait for the new Panny PT-AE3000 to come out :) 60,000:1 native CR sounds freaking awesome.

It won't be 60,000:1. It's going to come in closer to 3300:1 and will still use the D7 versus the D8 which is a bit of a disappointment.

http://cine4home.de/news/PanaAE3000/AE3000Preview.htm

Dougie085

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2008, 08:27:10 PM »
Well from the info I saw it didn't use an Auto-Iris and it used something similar to JVC's dark plate technology which is some sort of polarizer plate that sits on the LCD also they have extremely cut back on light leakage which is where a lot of the extra contrast ratio comes from. Regardless it supposed to be quite a bit better then the 1080UB which the RS1 I've been told is only a little better then the 1080UB so who knows. MSRP is supposed to be rather low on the AE3000U. What will the D8 offer that the D7 doesn't? And have any new projectors coming out said to be using the D8?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:29:42 PM by Dougie085 »

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 08:49:22 AM »
I'm not an expert on projectors by any stretch but from what I can tell the die hard projector guys are stating that the D8 panels offer up increased performance in almost every aspect and most seem to be confused as to why this new model, is using what amounts to last years technology. Unless I'm mistaken Epson owns the rights to the D8 so perhaps it's a case of them keeping it for their own stuff?

On the good side, it looks like this is going to hit the market for the same price as last years model which should mean the actual street price will be in and around the $2500.00 mark versus the $3500.00 suggested retail. If that turns out to be the case, I cant see a lot of other projectors touching it at that price point.

If I was looking for a projector, this thing would make my short list.

Dougie085

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 10:44:57 AM »
Yeah well I looked at the new JVC's that are coming out and they really aren't improving on anything just adding some features to some new models that are designed basically for installers. I haven't seen anything from Epson or what not. I think I tend to like LCD more but mostly probably because I haven't seen a DLP that I really enjoy. It will probably be middle to end of next year before I get a chance to purchase a projector anyways. Currently I'm looking to buy a fixer upper house and then dump probably 10 grand into wood working tools, put a new roof on the house (if I get the one I'm currently looking at) and then the fun starts from there. I will be ripping out plaster walls and putting in drywall rearranging the rooms opening up the kitchen and what not as well as custom building my own cabinets for the kitchen and other furniture. So right now a projector is way down the list of things I want and things I need :). I have my 50" RPTV for now anyways and I'm pretty happy with it. If I do get this house maybe I'll have a dedicated space to put a projector :D

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »
You do realize that the JVC isn't DLP or LCD - right?  It's DILA - A completely different story.  I love it.  MUCH smaller gaps between pixels for a much smoother image IMO.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Dougie085

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 12:13:01 PM »
DILA is an LCD technology. I believe that Sony uses LCOS in their SXRD stuff. In fact DILA and LCOS are the same thing but either way its still an LCD system. I guess if anything you could say its a hybrid between LCD and DLP. It's still using liquid crystals but also does reflective like DLP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_on_silicon
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 12:16:18 PM by Dougie085 »