Author Topic: Seeking computer monitor advice...  (Read 4406 times)

djdube525

Seeking computer monitor advice...
« on: February 25, 2012, 04:14:57 PM »
Wouldn't you know it... right when I'm about to start thinking about buying a few audio related items... one of my monitors is starting to go on the fritz.   :roll:

I currently have two Dell 2005FPW monitors... they were really nice in 2005... things have certainly changed. With the two monitors now, I have an equivalent 3360px by 1050px scenario.

They are driven by a PC...

Some Options:

Dell is running a decent deal on their 23 inch ultrasharp monitors (U2312)... $239 each. I can upgrade both and be done for under $500 and my screen real estate grows a little bit to an equivalent 3840 x 1080. Looks like a decent monitor, although not true IPS technology.

A single Dell U2711... true IPS monitor... screen resolution of 2560 x 1440. Actually greater resolution than my current setup. Single monitor means less clutter on the desk. Downside, it's 2x of option 1.

An Apple 27" Cinema Display - Similar price and resolution to the Dell. There are some refurbs that are a little cheaper. Comes with a built in webcam and speakers. I suspect they are not the best speakers, but I don't have anything special as it is either in the office.

Does anyone have a Cinema Display? Thoughts? There shouldn't be any issues using one with a Windows based PC... right?

Dave

Dave

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Seeking computer monitor advice...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 07:45:53 AM »
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

djdube525

Re: Seeking computer monitor advice...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 09:49:14 AM »
After researching like a mad man... I'm 98% sure I'll pull the trigger on two Dell 23" ultras harp monitors. Dell has a decent price on these at the moment... $240 plus tax for each monitor. That'll get me a combined resolution of 3840 x 1080... I'll only be adding roughly 3 inches in width from what I currently have... Not an overly big difference.