Author Topic: a thought  (Read 14299 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: a thought
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 06:02:33 PM »
Ha, I don't think anyone around here is going to get 'mad' or annoyed with Grover's upgrades.. I'm over it and I know a lot of other folks are too.. we get it.. he's into it and there is no reason to stifle his creativity or constant refinement.  It's interesting that he chooses not to create different models, though...  He's unique in that regard.  If you want a certain flavor you have to remember which version it was.. so in effect, he does have models.. but it's difficult to keep track of them... and he doesn't seem to offer different models.. but I've digressed.

Glad to hear his latest IC's are besting his best.  But about that PC... I'll be honest and say that I would be very surprised if his power cord stays connected to that CDP in the long run.  Get a Black Sand (anything) unterminated if you go that route... The difference between the 2 on a preamp were really night and day in my experience.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 07:16:29 PM »
Carl, did you ever have a Grover PC?  I vaguely remember that you might have had one last summer when we did the big wire shootout at your place?

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 04:59:22 AM »
Yeah, he had one... it got Sol, Ken, Steve, and myself to run out of the room in under 10 seconds.... but that was right before he started incorporating changes after demoing the JPS cabling... so not sure what kind of cord Shep has... it's likely 10 or 12 revisions past what we heard at Carl's...
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......