Group Therapy > Sharing Experiences

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - 2008

(1/5) > >>

Carlman:
As I type, audiophiles are descending on Denver for one of the most enjoyable shows of the year.  Let's hear your comments about the show in this thread... Any updates from RMAF, including photos would be greatly appreciated... especially by those of us who can't go.

Remember you can post photos by uploading them using the 'Additional Options' below the typing area and above where you click 'Post'.  The only requirement is they need to be under 512 meg... so resize before uploading.

Thanks and hope everyone has a great time! :)

Bigfish8:

--- Quote from: Carlman on October 09, 2008, 08:09:57 AM ---As I type, audiophiles are descending on Denver for one of the most enjoyable shows of the year.  Let's hear your comments about the show in this thread... Any updates from RMAF, including photos would be greatly appreciated... especially by those of us who can't go.

Remember you can post photos by uploading them using the 'Additional Options' below the typing area and above where you click 'Post'.  The only requirement is they need to be under 512 meg... so resize before uploading.

Thanks and hope everyone has a great time! :)

--- End quote ---

Our flight leaves Raleigh at 6:40 AM tomorrow.  I wish I had flown out this afternoon, darn!

I do plan to take lots of pictures but I need some instruction on how to resize them to be under 512 meg.  Man, I am really looking forward to this event!

Ken

Carlman:
Just email the best ones to me, and I'll return them resized. :)  How's that for easy?
Have fun, Ken and all... I'm pretty sure Rich is already there. 8)

Bigfish8:
I am sitting here in the Denver Airport reflecting on this fantastic 3 days that have just flown by all to quickly.  A month ago I had second thoughts and nearly canceled my reservations to attend RMAF.  It turned out to be even more than I anticipated and now I am find myself looking forward tot he show next year.  I made the trip with Vera and I was somewhat concerned that she would be bored to tears but she also had a great time.  She and several other wives took the train to Downtown Denver on Saturday.  They took in the museum and had tea in the oldest hotel in Denver.  Like me, she is hoping to make the trip again.

Possibly the highlight of attending RMAF for me was meeting Lonewolfny, Captain Humble, CarlV, OpenlyBaffled, BPape, Mgalusha, Jrebman and his wife and spending time visiting rooms with Richidoo on Saturday Afternoon.

I would say that waiting to travel out to the show on Friday from Raleigh was not a wise decision.  We were up at 3:30AM Eastern Time to catch a 6:40AM flight.  By the time the show ended at 6:00 PM (Denver Time) on Friday we were exhausted.  We were so tired we missed meeting many of the AN and AC guys that evening.  If we can make the trip next year we will definitely fly out on Thursday!

I have to shut-down now to board the plane and will write about my favorite equipment rooms tonight.

Ken

Carlman:
 :beer:  Thanks for posting, Ken!  Glad to hear the trip was a success! :)

Can't wait to see photos and hear all about it... from everyone who went!

-Carl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version