Author Topic: Greetings from San Antonio  (Read 5473 times)

Offline mrubey

• Seeking Help
Greetings from San Antonio
« on: May 18, 2020, 09:24:45 PM »
Hi guys,
I was just browsing forums on Daily Audiophile and found the thread asking for impressions of the Sutherland 20/20. I am listening to it right now. Anyway, here I am. My system: Cube Nenuphar 10" widebanders. First Watt Sit 3 amp, The Truth no gain photo cell attenuated line stage. Sutherland 20/20 with power supply upgrade, VPI Classic 2 TT with a few factory upgrades. I've been listening to Grado Reference 2 for a few years. In the process of upgrading. Soundsmith Paua on the way. Ortofon 2M White SE mono cart currently playing Masterpieces by Ellington. Triode Wire Labs full loom. Maple Shade rack. Music preferences tend to be all over the place. If it's good, it's good. Big Bach fan, especially solo violin or cello. Fan of small audiophile labels; MA, Berliner, Chasing The Dragon, Yarlung, Analog Productions, MoFi. I got the MoFi One Step Yes Fragile for Christmas. Utterly mind blowing. I had no idea how brilliant Eddie Offord actually was.
Cube Nenuphar, First Watt SIT3, The Truth linestage, Sutherland 20/20, VPI Classic 2, Soundsmith Paua, Ortofon 2M White SE mono, Triode Wire Labs full loom.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Greetings from San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 10:44:03 PM »
Nice to have you here. I’ve heard wonderful things about San Antonio and that’s a city I’d enjoy visiting some day. I’m pretty sure we have another forum member from Texas.

That’s quite a range of music you listed. You might enjoy posting some of what you listen to under the section...
Music Ward,
then Album Reviews
then What are you listening to right now?

Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 05:34:18 AM »
Welcome to the asylum, we're not all crazy ;)
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline mrubey

• Seeking Help
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 06:05:18 AM »
Thank you Nick B,
I was listening to Analog Productions original 331/3 rpm pressing of Masterpeices by Ellington.
I was so involved in playing in this sandbox I had to play side one twice since I missed it first time through.

Nice to have you here. I’ve heard wonderful things about San Antonio and that’s a city I’d enjoy visiting some day. I’m pretty sure we have another forum member from Texas.

That’s quite a range of music you listed. You might enjoy posting some of what you listen to under the section...
Music Ward,
then Album Reviews
then What are you listening to right now?

Nick
Cube Nenuphar, First Watt SIT3, The Truth linestage, Sutherland 20/20, VPI Classic 2, Soundsmith Paua, Ortofon 2M White SE mono, Triode Wire Labs full loom.

Offline mrubey

• Seeking Help
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 06:23:52 AM »
Welcome to the asylum, we're not all crazy ;)

Thanks Barry,
Oh com'on bro. Sure you- we are. My wife is certain of it.
However, you appear to be lost man. That place you mentioned is down the road to the left.
Or maybe not......maybe this is the actual asylum and the multitudes standing in the rain over there are really a Matrix-esque dream sequence alternate reality of equal or......... nah man. That's BS.
Hey baby! Please bring me my meds. I think I need my meds.
"Which one do you want today? The red one or the blue one?
I better just be safe and take the little piece of paper with the Teddy Bear on it.