Self Medicating > General DIY

1/2" router?

(1/2) > >>

richidoo:
I need a big router to run a 1" roundover bit with a 1/2" shank for some speakers I am about to start building. Does anyone have a big router to lend me for a week or so? I will pay shipping both ways, of course, and guarantee its safe return.
Thanks
Rich

mgalusha:
I have a Hitachi M12V, which is a big beast but it's heavy, the shipping would be killer. Hopefully someone in your area has one you can borrow.

Dougie085:
I ordered one online a while back for like 175 or so shipped off ebay. Guy in New Jersey. It was the kit with the fixed and plunge base. Very beasty router although if you need dust collection certainly not the proper choice.

richidoo:
Thanks guys. I started looking for used routers, came across a porter cable on ebay, looked a lot like mine. Hmmm, and it has 1/2" collet. A quick walk out to the garage and sure enough mine does take 1/2 after all.  :duh
Thanks, you got me on the right track!
Rich

ik632:
I'm getting ready to buy a router too. I want to get one that the circle jigs will bolt to so I suppose I'll get the circle jig first and then bring it to the store and see which ones fit. Do you guys find that you use the router table as well? I can see some use, but I may not use it as much as I'd like for the price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version