Author Topic: Advise on purchase of a transport  (Read 10904 times)

Offline JLM

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Advise on purchase of a transport
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »
A big thanks to you Ed.   :thumb:

I finally pulled the trigger on the CD-3 that AV123 had on discount.

Ecramer

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »
Kool I hope you like it.  :thumb:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 09:48:32 AM »

JLM enjoy the new toy. Ok Nervosa time which digital IC will take take up residence.  :rofl:. BNC think BNC.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline JLM

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 02:04:38 PM »
Just got the unit in, I'll report on it as soon as is appropriate.

The Onix CD-3 has coax digital output.  I had a BNC connected DAC once (an Ack! DAC) and didn't see what the fuss over BNC was about.

Ecramer

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »
now i have to start to sweat in case you dont like it and i recommended it  8-[ but as a transport i think it will be fine. I was wondering if you were going to post any thoughts on the unit. Would like to here some about the new unites from onix in case i need a new transport before i can talk topround out of his lector

Ed

Just got the unit in, I'll report on it as soon as is appropriate.

The Onix CD-3 has coax digital output.  I had a BNC connected DAC once (an Ack! DAC) and didn't see what the fuss over BNC was about.

Offline JLM

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 03:13:22 AM »
It already sounds better than the Oppo DV-970HD it replaced (and that's after it sat outside most of the day in 40 degree weather).  The manual is sparse and the drawer operation gives me some concern (it doesn't always open).  And I wish the display was a bit bigger, but overall a classy, well built piece.  Compared to the Oppo so far, more frequency extension (bass/treble), more resolution (increased detail/image focus), and the soundscape is much more 3 dimensional.

Unfortunately I'll be shipping my drivers off for modding Monday, so only backup speakers till I get them back, and the comparisons will be much harder to make.  So I'll just have to listen as much as possible this weekend.   :drool: