Author Topic: Super Cheap DIY Speakers  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Super Cheap DIY Speakers
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:51:34 AM »
http://www.josepino.com/other_projects/index?homemade-hifi-speaker.jpc

I thought this was pretty funny... but who knows, maybe it sounds pretty good?  Anyone want to try?

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Super Cheap DIY Speakers
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 12:35:08 PM »
That is cool...

I like the part at the end that says:

"If your speaker sounds Horrible, check:"

:rofl:

This speaker sets the record for the most potential for modding it! You could build a huge bass reflex MDF cabinet for it with padauk or purple heart veneer, coat the foam plate in carbon fiber cloth, use 16 plates per padauk cabinet (in series,) use silver voice coil wire, upgrade to a genuine used toilet paper tube for vc. Put Sonicap platinums across the vc leads for "pristine high frequency transparency."

One thing is a pretty good idea, that is mounting it to the wall, the air behind it would be compressed on the back stroke adding to the output. Well, actually I think that's not such a good idea because the wall pressure will make the plate flex even more. nevermind.

I should just shut up and build them. If I never heard it then I don't have an opinion! hahaha

I can tell you one thing, the WAF is not gonna set a new record. It looks like trash stuck to the wall with ketchup, like college bachelor dorm days. But looks are offset by the price, right? "You can have diamonds and furs when I sell my big speakers for these, honey"

Sorry to poke fun, these are pretty dang cool!!  8)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Super Cheap DIY Speakers
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:56:38 PM »
    A man with too much time on his hands. Hey give the guy "A" for effort though. Fun read,thanks.

rollo 
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.