Author Topic: New JPS Power Cords?  (Read 10378 times)

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
New JPS Power Cords?
« on: September 07, 2010, 07:44:04 AM »
Anyone have any info on the new/upgraded JPS power cords?   I just saw that the JPS site shows an upgraded Digital AC-X and a new Power AC Lite.   I'm very curious what these are and, for the Digital AC-X, what the difference is.

Shane - you out there?   :thumb: 

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: New JPS Power Cords?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:17:17 AM »
I'm here... sort of.... seems like two steps forward and three steps back at times...

Slight freshening of the design for Digital AC-X.  Not earth shattering changes here if you already own Digital AC cords.

The new Power AC Lite is just that... a Power AC+ design with smaller conductors to make a more affordable cord.  It's more flexible (which a lot of folks complain about with the Power AC+) because of the smaller gauge conductors... 10 gauge conductors are still overkill for almost everyone... Biggest thing is the trickle down technology hits a better price point for folks that are concerned about the minimum MSRP entry point for power cords in the JPS lineup... the Power AC+ is a killer value cord and works on a wide range of stuff... but the $499.00 MSRP price is a barrier for some wanting to use it on their $800 MSRP surround receivers or even pricier stuff.   Regardless of performance, $500 cords are tough for some folks..... The $349.00 MSRP price point is easier to swallow and you aren't giving up a whole lot to a regular Power AC+ cord.  In my opinion, I think that's the design and marketing goals behind it.  As for whether it achieves it in real world performance, I honestly haven't listened to one yet.... soon.... they're just coming out now...  I haven't heard a bad product yet from JPS.  So I doubt this one is anything but great value for the money. 
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: New JPS Power Cords?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 09:00:10 AM »
I'm here... sort of.... seems like two steps forward and three steps back at times...

Slight freshening of the design for Digital AC-X.  Not earth shattering changes here if you already own Digital AC cords.

The new Power AC Lite is just that... a Power AC+ design with smaller conductors to make a more affordable cord.  It's more flexible (which a lot of folks complain about with the Power AC+) because of the smaller gauge conductors... 10 gauge conductors are still overkill for almost everyone... Biggest thing is the trickle down technology hits a better price point for folks that are concerned about the minimum MSRP entry point for power cords in the JPS lineup... the Power AC+ is a killer value cord and works on a wide range of stuff... but the $499.00 MSRP price is a barrier for some wanting to use it on their $800 MSRP surround receivers or even pricier stuff.  Regardless of performance, $500 cords are tough for some folks..... The $349.00 MSRP price point is easier to swallow and you aren't giving up a whole lot to a regular Power AC+ cord.  In my opinion, I think that's the design and marketing goals behind it.  As for whether it achieves it in real world performance, I honestly haven't listened to one yet.... soon.... they're just coming out now...  I haven't heard a bad product yet from JPS.  So I doubt this one is anything but great value for the money. 

THANK YOU for making the JPS line a bit more affordable. Way to go. A great product line. I'll never forget the look on our members faces when I inserted all the JPS cables you sent us to demo. When the last cable went in [ Aluminata Speaker cable] it was wonderfull. Trickle on down. Whoppie.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.