Author Topic: NOS Western Electric Powerwire.  (Read 52890 times)

Regg

Re: NOS Western Electric Powerwire.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 08:03:12 AM »
Looks like Mojo Audio, or fuzzbutt17, is now posting over at AC:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=89455.msg881246;topicseen#new

I've had both cords from Pete and Fuzzbutt in my system, and IMO Pete's cords were the winner.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:05:05 AM by Regg »

Offline mdfoy

• Seeking Help
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 08:50:24 AM »
I too picked up a NOS cord from Triode Pete, and "its got the Mott's".  Detail, quiet, even, a touch of warmth.  I have this cord on my pre-amp, and am looking forward to checking out a set on my amps.  Very nicely done. :thumb:

Where there is doubt, there is no doubt

Alexdad54

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 07:33:50 AM »
Being the impulsive type of newbie I also just purchased a complete set of 5 PC's from Pete and am looking forward to installing them on my sources, preamp, amp and Majik Buss.  :D

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »
 While auditioning the Nightshade Beacon 2 Preamp I decided to try something different. Petes' cord made a real nice improvement compared to an ESP, Virtual Realiy and Omega Mikro. Bass is crazy good andthe top is detailed but not thin, oh my.
   Pete what are using on the Loesch Preamp now ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 12:28:05 PM »
Where does Pete sell his PCs?   Any additional info is appreciated.   :thumb:

Alexdad54

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
Where does Pete sell his PCs?   Any additional info is appreciated.   :thumb:
I just sent a PM to TriodePete here on AN.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 03:25:15 PM »
   Pete what are using on the Loesch Preamp now ?

charles

When they first came out, I bought two Pangea's from Audio Advisor, cut off the IEC's and hardwired (soldered) them to the Gen Rad tube regulated power supplies for the Loesch preamp. Can honestly say I did not hear any appreciable difference... one day will change over to my cords... on my other preamp (custom 171A tube) for the Tannoy system, I changed the plugs (on the Gen Rad regulated tube PS's) to the pure copper plugs with Rhodium plating; heard a difference right away; more air & detail on the dual concentrics!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »
  As an experiment whilst using the Consonance cords [ upgraded 6ga. ] that came with my amps we tried the Triode cords in our Plasma and LCD TVs both LGs using Monster power conditioning and a richard Tice Enhancer with the Plasma. Never expected much to be honest. To our surprise the difference was staggering. my wife who usually thinks I'm nuts agreed the color and sharpness was improved. We had an ESP cord in the Plasma and one of my homemade babies[ triple shielded] in the LCD.
  If you have not tried an audio cord in your TV try one and be prepared to buy.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 06:31:51 AM »
I'm not surprised that a cord makes a difference on a TV. I've found that putting a Felix power conditioner on my TV's made a huge improvement in the picture. This is one place where you can easily and immediately see what power conditioning can do for you.

Well worth the small expense of a Felix. Just make sure you use a coil that can cover the draw that a TV needs or you could get a buzz on the Felix.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Alexdad54

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 06:40:30 AM »
Just installed a full set of TriodePete's cords - preamp, amp, CDP and DAC and the improvement was immediately apparent. The sound is now more detailed, open and the background is definitely blacker. I had thought the "veil being lifted" descriptions perhaps a bit hyperbolic before but now I get it...
Pete also provided a great buss cable to connect my Majik Buss to the mains where, on his advice, I had replaced the two outlets I use with Hubbell 5262's. The cords I replaced were VH Audio Flavor 2 & 4, a Pangea 10 and two Audio Magic Extreme's.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »
   Recently installed the 5262 outlets myself. Nice improvement overall. Thanks Pete.  Pete I see a need for umbilical cords between component and power supply. Made a huge difference with my CAT pre when Ken Stevens upgraded the cord in his later versions.

charles

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 09:30:24 AM »
Just installed a full set of TriodePete's cords - preamp, amp, CDP and DAC and the improvement was immediately apparent. The sound is now more detailed, open and the background is definitely blacker. I had thought the "veil being lifted" descriptions perhaps a bit hyperbolic before but now I get it...
Pete also provided a great buss cable to connect my Majik Buss to the mains where, on his advice, I had replaced the two outlets I use with Hubbell 5262's. The cords I replaced were VH Audio Flavor 2 & 4, a Pangea 10 and two Audio Magic Extreme's.

Did you go with 12 AWG on all cords?   Was the 'buss cable' for your Majik Buss the same?  I've got an UberBuss...

Alexdad54

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:20 AM »
Hi,
I went with two 12 gauge and two 10 gauge, the first two for the sources and the latter for the preamp and amp. The buss cord was Pete's idea and I'm not sure what gauge it actually is, it looks a bit different from the other four.
It definitely bests the VH Audio Flavor 4 I was using on the Majik Buss.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
  Pete knows his wire and power requirements. Besides being an Engineer he works for a Utility company. As we say on LI he has a "Noose" on the juice.  A know in the flow, oh my !  :rofl:

charles

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 06:34:33 AM »
Just got a chance to try one of Pete's WE 12awg power cords.  Quite amazing... On initial listen (Pete already burned it in), it presented a very relaxed, natural and highly musical presentation.  It does not seem to be a cord where you 'suddenly' start hearing new details or are startled by transient response, deeper base, larger soundstage, or any of the other audio descriptors we tend to use.  But it does seem to offer a greater sense of toe-tapping PRAT that makes it quite easy to just lose yourself in the music.

I've only had a chance to listen for a couple of hours or so and I've only got one (so far) that I've been using on my preamp, but I think Pete has something here.   :thumb:  Stay tuned....